Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:37:12 PM
714453 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Psycho Cop « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Psycho Cop  (Read 2026 times)
Andy
« on: October 27, 2001, 03:19:40 PM »

Hi Guys,
What a great website this is! I just watched a movie called Psycho Cop...It had me screaming.
Awful film...The actors say the word CARETAKER
24 times...they say the word BEER 22 times.
(I may be off by 1 or 2 because I consumed 12
bottles of Rolling Rock myself while watchng)
These s**tty actors spend the whole weekend
looking for a lost hair brush...sneekers..purse
toothbrush...ect.Probably the best $3.99 I ever
spent. Go out and get this if you can.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2001, 02:51:28 AM »

Ha!  That's funny.  I just got done winning a bid on this movie, which I should receive in a week or so.

Now I know what to expect.  I'll let you know what I think when I see it.
Nigel
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2001, 09:15:21 PM »

Psycho cop is OK I guess, Psycho Cop 2 is great though.
HorrorMovieBuff
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2001, 01:50:30 AM »

The original is hilarious, and the 2nd one is awesome!  They should've made one last one though!
Mofo Rising
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2001, 04:18:59 AM »

Ah, PSYCHO COP.  What can I say?

Well I can say this: It wasn't very good.  And it's no nudity policy disgusted me.

Okay, well there is two girls in a tub at one point, but no action and no nudity.  Nevertheless, this movie did manage to keep me engaged for an hour and a half, which is more than most.

PSYCHO COP is your average slasher flick with a twist, the bad guy is a cop.  That's the twist.  The film features three couple off to a cabin (more a palatial estate) for the weekend.  They are followed by a psycho cop who ends up killing most of them.  Unfortunately, I didn't think most of the deaths were very imaginative.  Most of them are with a knife or an axe.  Oh, also a couple of people die at the beginning and there are more fodder cops at the end.

Psycho Cop himself doesn't seem so much psycho as retarded.  He is psycho, but not the gibbering kind, just like the slow kid you knew in school grew up to kill people.  Fortunately for him, he worships Satan, which must be how he defies the laws of time and space and show up anytime, anywhere.

Well, during the rest of the movie the main characters argue.  This makes them impossible to like.  Seems the rest of them spend their time ridiculing the two of them who realize something is actually going on.  Well an hour and a half of people arguing can make big bucks (read: BLAIR WITCH PROJECT), but it's not something I usually enjoy.

But I guess this movie is alright.  Three slimes because nothing really distinguishes itself.

Things I learned from this movie:

-It is possible to kill somebody with your average taser.  This works even if you are holding them aloft at the time, making you ground.  You will suffer no ill effects.

-The police department does not run fingerprints on potential hirees.  Neither do they run background checks, apparently.

-Satan does not like bullets.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Psycho Cop « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.