Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:58:45 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: arghhhhh! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: arghhhhh!  (Read 1667 times)
Susan
« on: November 21, 2004, 10:41:30 PM »

There's a new horror in my life. It comes in the little demonic form of a squirrel, which is now residing in my attic. At first I heard it right above the hole where the leak comes in, and panic ensued as I thought it was going to gnaw it's way through. But each night for hours at a time I sit watching tv and having to hear constant scratching noises, th sounds of nuts rolling around and rustling. I read online that basically nothing will get rid of them aside from blocking up the hole (which is not possible for me to find on a second story apartment given I don't even know if my attic is a shared attic space with the entire building). And i sure don't want the hole blocked if the squirrel is still in there and he dies and I have to smell him. I googled for help and there's nothing that can be done besides calling in pest control. My landlord won't even fix the leak, I doubt they're going to worry about a squirrel. What's worse is I can't afford to move even if I wanted to.

So my sanity is dwindling. I hope on my thanksgiving vacation I can catch up on this board. I haven't been to a movie in ages! What's worth seeing? ;-/

daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 11:54:39 PM »

Try Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow. Maybe Shaun of the Dead, I've been wanting to see that one for a while. Try the Incrediable also.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Dave Munger
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 12:07:57 AM »

What was that Jimmy Durante movie where there was a squirrel in the house that was stashing money or something that the whole wacky plot was based on?
Tilebreaker
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 01:31:27 AM »

do you have acess to this attic? if so I've got a solution.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 02:57:03 AM »

My house has always been plagued with animals crawling around in the walls-- living in the woods in a house full of holes will do that-- and yeah, it is unnerving (drives the cat nuts, too). They've been around so long that we barely even notice anymore, except when something exceptionally big gets in there. So basically, I don't really have a way to fix it, but i sympathize.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 10:49:09 AM »

Look at it this way - it's better than a barking dog.

There are live traps you can use, they're like a little cage that you put bait in and when the squirrel goes in the door flips shut.  Then you drive him about 30 miles out in the country and let him go in the woods or something.  Put a heavy blanket over the cage so he doesn't bite you when you're carrying him around.  The trouble is, squirrels tend to be really smart, but it would be worth a try.  If your landlord isn't going to do anything about it, I'd just walk up and down the halls and look for the attic access in the ceiling.  Put a ladder up and see what's up there.  If you got the trap you could just put it right next to the attic door, you wouldn't have to crawl around up there.  Assuming it's just one big attic space for the whole building.

Who knows, at least it would give you hope!

Master Blaster
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 12:37:15 PM »

I can relate to the animal infestation problem. I have an idiot infestation problem in my apartment complex. Many nights I get to listen to a bunch of screaming drunken hormonal idiots blasting gangster rap at all hours of the night. The loud screechy drunk girls are the worst. I have this imaginary chainsaw dance I do about charging through one of their parties in clown makup and a plastic apron. Then I always throw in the panic dialog "OH GOD HE'S GOT A CHAINSAW!!!! MY LEG!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!! NOOOOO I'M TOO YOUNG TO AAAAHHHH!!!!! gurgle gurgle. NOOOOOO!!!!!!" It helps me find closure and gives my wife a chance to laugh at me. aaahhhhh good times good times.
raj

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 06:34:32 PM »

Team America, if it's still around was pretty good.  Also Sponge Bob looks like fun.  Squirrels are evil demon spawn,  your best bet is poison.  Having lived in an old country house we had squirrels and what not die in the walls every so often.  The smell goes away after a few days.
JohnL

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 12:20:09 AM »

No advice on dealing with squirrels, but I can relate. During warm weather, birds like to build a nest under my air conditioner and I hear them fluttering under it. I keep meaning to pu something under it to keep them out, but I never seem to get around to it. Usually, I just thump the AC a few times, which scares them off for about 2 minutes. They like to wait until I lie back down before coming back.
odinn7

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 08:27:55 AM »

Poison will work and as was stated earlier, the smell does go away shortly. If, for some reason poison doesn't do the job, might I suggest a shotgun or perhaps C-4...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Susan
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 08:19:12 PM »

Tilebreaker - does it involve a gun?

Actually there is an access point, at least I think so. Its a weird attic door that seems bolted to the ceiling - but it's in my closet and the ceilings are so high that I'd need a ladder

Susan
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 08:32:33 PM »

Mr. Hockstatter wrote:
"team America" sounds interesting from the reviews i've heard.. Any movie that plugs itself during promos as "oscar contender or such and such gives an oscar worth performance" i'm avoiding. Mostly because it's shameless.

> Look at it this way - it's better than a barking dog.
>

Well i do have a neighbor that whenever they leave on a saturday their little dog, dixiecup, barks all day. ALL DAY. 3 consecutive barks, followed by a series of 4 barks after 3 sessions.

Well the attic door is far away from where the squirrel resides - and i can't reach it and it's bolted to the ceiling so I don't know if you can even open it. The other nite i took a broomstick and scraped it on the ceiling following him wherever he scurried to hoping that i could exact some sort of revenge. He was merely toying with me. Someone told me they had one die in the attic and it smelled for a month.
Does anyone realize squirrels are evil?

Incidentally.....Squirrels are Evil

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: arghhhhh! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.