Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:45:21 AM
714442 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Please help me find some movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please help me find some movies  (Read 1501 times)
Cheecky-monkey
« on: November 21, 2004, 01:29:40 AM »

I'm looking for sci-fi or horror films that are unknown or rear but have tons of creature effects (Excellent ones, please!). Anything from the 80's-90's. No movies with CGI though, please.

Thanks!
Wence
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 09:15:52 AM »

What about LIFEFORCE (UK 1985) ?
This move shows thousands of zombies rioting in London.
cheecky-monkey
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 05:53:52 PM »

I saw thaht movie it was okay but well known...I mean something that's direct-to-video and very obscure.
Dreggen
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 10:22:16 PM »

Guyver 1 and 2 are great in the creature suit deptartment.  Just out of curiosity, may I ask what this list is for?
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 11:54:21 AM »

Oh man, "Krull" definitely comes to mind. Have you ever seen it before? It's loaded with visual effects.
cheecky-monkey
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 05:01:30 PM »

I loved the Guyver, the special effects were excellent, the genre cast was great and the pace was fast...great fun. The second film suffered from so-so acting and shoddy camerawork but the creature effects were cool and there was mucho gore.
Personally I thought Krull was awful. Some of the worst blue-screen work I've ever seen and the giant spider looks like one of Harryhausen's elementary school projects.
Molften Bader
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 03:20:05 PM »

hey  alex (winks) , its jesse!
cheecky-monkey
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 05:46:35 PM »

Lucasce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!
!!   how you doing?
Spiffy Niffy
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 06:07:09 PM »

alex if u have aol  or aim go on and well talk, my sreen name is Lucas13ttf
cheecky-monkey
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 09:14:34 PM »

Well excuse me, is my inproper english offensive to you? how's this, J-dog:

POOP!
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 10:25:30 AM »

The trouble is, if it's got great effects, it's almost certainly not going to be unknown.   That's why you have to learn to be satisfied with pretty terrible creature effects.  Tons of stuff out there if you lower your standards a bit.  Well, a lot.  

One movie I could suggest, but it's from 1968, is Quatermass and the Pit.  It's always been one of my favorites, truly creepy, but doesn't get much attention.  They find some mummified space aliens, and they're pretty cool.  There is a scene where they're alive, which looks awful, but it's very short.  

The only other suggestion I have would be Spiders.  The spiders are actual animatronic puppets and I think they look pretty good.  Of course, like I said, my standards are extremely low.

Spiffy Niffy
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 08:43:39 PM »

No im just saying that we can talk online instead of talking back in forth between posts its kinda sad.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Please help me find some movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.