Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:52:36 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Video Games Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Video Games Movie  (Read 1754 times)
saintmort
« on: November 28, 2004, 11:44:01 PM »

What Video game should have been made into a movie?

I know that there's basically never a good idea here we've all had misses in the "hit or miss" releam of video game movies. But theres 2 games that I think could be REALLY GOOD movies...both from my good old fashion Super Nes

1. Zombies ate my neighbors - COME ON! THAT'S JUST SCREAMING GREAT HORROR/COMEDY! Waterguns, fire extingushers, Weed wackers and bazooka as weapons plus villians like Dr. Tongue and Giant babies!

2. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past - Dude this game if it was done in the same fashion, order like very much by the games structure you might have another lord of the rings quality epic.

Any other thoughts.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 09:49:53 AM »

I've got Fear Effect: 2, Retro Helix for PS1.  That would make a great movie.  Enough different locations for 3 James Bond movies.  And the lead character is a...are you ready?  Lesbian.  They travel everywhere from futuristic skyscrapers to the forbidden tomb in China, from the sewer system to a high-class party (where they're dancing to the macarena!), to some fantasy Oriental Gardens to a secret government base.  

The characters in the freakin' video game had a ton more personality than Angelina Jolie had in the Tomb Raider movies.

SaintMort
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 06:03:04 PM »

Alright, just an idea but...TETRIS THE MUSICAL!
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 11:28:13 AM »

I'd have to say Nocturne.  It was a great game with great atmosphere, and a great movie it would make.  The game is about a secret orginization, a kind of paranormal taskforce that takes on everything from zombies, to werewolves and vampires.

All set in the 30s-40s.  It's a great game.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 01:31:59 PM »

SaintMort wrote:
> Alright, just an idea but...TETRIS THE MUSICAL!

It could be a stage musical, with actors in colourful leotards doing gymnastics -- bending, contorting and stacking themselves on top of each other, while an orchestra plays the music. Andrew Lloyd Webber's Tetris!

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 06:33:30 PM »

>What Video game should have been made into a movie?

Thief Gold
Fearless Freep

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 06:40:25 PM »

It could be a stage musical, with actors in colourful leotards doing gymnastics -- bending, contorting and stacking themselves on top of each other, while an orchestra plays the music. Andrew Lloyd Webber's Tetris!

Cirque de soleil?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 08:34:56 PM »

Deus Ex... Thief... Thief 2... Thief 3, although they'd just horribly take liberties because really it's not possible to make a film out of sneaking about.

Knights of the Old Republic? That would be a great film.

Half-:Life?
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 08:16:21 AM »

Warren Spector did such an amazing job with the Deus Ex/Thief/System Shock games that they could never really be made into a film.  I just don't think that they would transfer to film nicely.

Half Life is a similar situation as well.  The game is a movie in itself.  There are no cutscenes and it's just over the top action.  It has a fantastic story that is extremely engaging, but a film version would be superfluous.

Prophet Tenebrae wrote:

> Deus Ex... Thief... Thief 2... Thief 3, although they'd just
> horribly take liberties because really it's not possible to
> make a film out of sneaking about.
>
> Knights of the Old Republic? That would be a great film.
>
> Half-:Life?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JohnL

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 06:54:22 PM »

>Half-:Life?

I thought of Half-Life also, but, the plot is too similar to other existing films (science experiment gone wrong, creatures from another dimension, etc) that it would be labelled a ripoff.

>Deus Ex... Thief... Thief 2... Thief 3, although they'd just horribly take liberties
>because really it's not possible to make a film out of sneaking about.

I've only played the first Thief so far (have the second, but have been saving it and my graphics card won't run the third), but I thought the whole Trickster story would make a good film.

>Warren Spector did such an amazing job with the Deus Ex/Thief/System Shock
>games that they could never really be made into a film.

I always got the impression that Warren Spector was more of a manager, rather than having any direct influence on the games.
dean
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 04:35:40 AM »

The Silent Hill series would make for a good japanese-style horror movie.  Those things are pretty creepy.

I've always wanted to see a final fantasy movie [spirits within doesn't count, it's nothing like the games]

Just the whole techno-magic fantasy thing was pretty cool.

It would also be interesting to see a Grand theft auto movie, not that it would work in any way [or pass any sort of classification] but still, mindless violence and such is always good!
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 08:41:46 AM »

JohnL,

Spector was actually the main creative force behind Thief (first one atleast), Deus Ex and System Shock.

The guy is quite a genius when it comes to games.

Derf
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 12:05:29 PM »

While it was never very successful commercially, Shadowman has a nice spooky premise and story arc that could turn into a good movie. It's about a takeover in the world of the dead by a guy who has assembled the souls of the world's most evil muderers/psychopaths and is building power to break into the land of the living to take it over as well. It's up to Shadowman, a voodoo guy that can traverse both worlds to find the bad guy and stop him. It would take a lot of CGI, and so would likely never work quite right, but even though the game had some technical problems, the story line was fun and engaging. At least to me. But then again, I enjoyed "Tank Girl" and "Mom and Dad Save the World," so make of it what you will. . .

JohnL

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 08:01:18 PM »

>Spector was actually the main creative force behind Thief (first one atleast),
>Deus Ex and System Shock.
>
>The guy is quite a genius when it comes to games.

Too bad the third Thief game turned out to be a console port (load zones, smaller levels, etc) with ridiculously high system requirements. I played the demo at a friend's house and while the graphics were good, I thought the tutorial mission with its little glowing footprints showing you where to go was over-simplified. I've read that it has quite a few bugs. I'm also not real thrilled that they got rid of the rope arrows and swimable water.

I missed a chance to pick up a 4-pack of games with Deus Ex in it the other day. I'm kicking myself now, but I wanted to read some reviews first. I have System Shock 2, as well as a downloaded copy of the first System Shock (supposedly the full CD), but haven't played either yet.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Video Games Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.