Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:40:51 AM
714524 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DVD Releases you wants NOW « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DVD Releases you wants NOW  (Read 2320 times)
SaintMort
« on: December 08, 2004, 09:47:00 AM »

So I found out that one of my favorite movies of all time "Freaked" is being released on DVD and it got me thinking, What over movies do I want to see released on DVD?

So far I have 2
Monster Squad
and Alligator

What DVD releases do you want to see?
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 10:20:59 AM »

Freaked on DVD?

Yipee!  Alex Winter's crowning achievement.  Which isn't saying much.  One of my favorites!

I want to see a DVD release of "You Can't Do That On Television" or "Are You Afraid Of The Dark?".  Two things that I grew up with that I would definently pay good money for today on DVD

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 10:36:27 AM »

These are the ones I'm looking for

El Topo
Holy Mountain
Face to Face (I think some small company has it.)
Mysterians (heard it is coming out soon)
Attack of the Mushroom People (heard it's coming out soon)
Flesh Eaters (I think sinister video might have this one, Something Weird had a trailer for it on Night of the Bloody Apes DVD)
From Hell It Came

SaintMort
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

I agree, what I found really interesting thanks to IMDB is the Ortiz (the dog boy) was none other the Kennu "ted" Reeves Himself. AWESOME!

Gotta love any movie where mr. t plays the Bearded Lady.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 11:28:37 AM »

Yeah SaintMort,

That flick was absolute insanity.  Especially the super huge kid, Stewie I think was his name.  Never mind the fact that there's even a "Freaks!" theme song in about the third portion of the flick.  Can't remember the exact scene but I think the freaks were building something.

A great treat.  I can't wait to pick it up on DVD

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
SaintMort
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 12:44:22 PM »

Freaks! That what they call us because some mad man f***ed with our DNA!!!!!!!!
ED
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 02:42:29 PM »

I want the Godzilla DVD multipack I saw at Costco the other day!
-Ed
raj

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 04:49:32 PM »

Finally I got Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii, now I'm waiting on Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak.  Don't know what's taking them so long to decide to put it on dvd.
Todd R.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 06:14:18 PM »

For the past week or so I've had some kind of bizarre fascination with watching all of my postapocalyptic Cirio H. Santiago movies. DUNE WARRIORS! EQUALIZER 2000! THE SISTERHOOD! Great stuff, but not a single one on DVD.

Speaking of EQUALIZER 2000, I'm quite alarmed at the number of movies that I own that feature none other than RICHARD NORTON. That guy is everywhere, even in flicks like MR. NICE GUY and (believe it or not) THE BLOOD OF HEROES.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 06:48:08 PM »

Oh, excellent! I first saw that movie on TV the night before I took my SATs, and wound up watching it instead of studying. Looking back, it's a wonder I made it to college.

As for my list of movies I want on DVD, it's getting more and more obscure by the second, but having these on disc would make me a happy camper:

Night of the Lepus
Cemetary Man
200 Motels
Faster, p***ycat! Kill! Kill!
The Dark Backward
Complex World
Mr. Mike's Mondo Video
...and any seasons of Eek the Cat (anyone else remember this show from the early 90s?)

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
djfoxwvgs
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 08:17:10 PM »

Man I remember Eek the Cat! That show was great! I saw someone recently finally put the old Land of the Lost on DVD, which I plan on buying with a quickness. I'm still confused as to why The Brain isn't on DVD, though. I love that movie. Along with I Dismember Mama , or Death by Dialogue. With Ken Sagoes on commentary! Come on Anchor Bay, wake up!

Chuck

Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 10:01:21 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one to remember that show; their parody of A Clockwork Orange (Nice-O-Vision!) still stands as one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Hell, just the fact that they DID a Clockwork Orange parody on a kids show (along with Apocalypse Now, Fatal Attraction, and others) says a lot, both for the show and how I turned out. I'm pretty sure the whole thing was made by Savage Steve Holland, of Better Off Dead fame.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
peter johnson
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2004, 12:48:48 AM »

200 Motels would be a nice one, especially if they could refind all the "lost" footage that was allegedly sold to someone who wanted to re-use the tape -- I'm not sure I ever believed that one.  I sort of think that someone, somewhere, still has all of Frank's footage on a reel & either doesn't know, or is keeping it for themselves.  Why?  Because video tape in those days wasn't a widely used medium & shooting over used footage wasn't a widely practiced thang . . .  I think, just like Thomas Edison's 1910 Frankenstein, that was lost for over 70 years, that the missing scenes of 200 Motels are out there still . . .
All of Lon Chaney's work, with definitive commentary, would be a pleasant thing to have available . . .
I'm still waiting for the Zappa Family Trust to release all the live concert footage they have of the man in question performing.  This has been promised for years, but nothing:  Eg:  There was an entire 35mm film shot of the Roxy & Elsewhere Live albumn that is still being held back.  How come?  How much do they want?  I'll part with one of my valuable cats!!!
peter johnson/denny crane
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2004, 10:35:25 AM »

I'd really love to see that Sci-Fi original Centipede on DVD.  Yes, I am a bad movie lover!  Something about that one I liked, sort of like Archnid or Spiders.

They could get their butts in gear as far as war movies.  I don't think Battle of the Bulge is on DVD yet.  The Heroes of Telemark is another all-time favorite.  Several others that I can't remember at the moment.

Then there's Sleeping Dogs, a real bad movie I love.  Peter Benchley's Creature, only available on R2.  Makes perfect sense since it's an American movie.  The TV show Peter Benchley's Amazon would be another good one.  Season 3 of Sliders, when Kari Wuhrer joined the cast (I think just the first two seasons are out now).  First Wave after Traci Lords joined the cast (they can skip releasing the earlier seasons as far as I'm concerned).
SaintMort
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2004, 11:39:48 AM »

THough a great show. I like Eekstravagansa better. I mean Terrible THunderlizards! WOOO

I loved their parody of Jaws where it was a goldfish in an inflatable pool. Messed up kid's shows...speaking of which, my friend bought the complete "Mr. Bumpy goes Bump in the Night" series that wackied out early 90's claymation show around the time Tales fromt eh Crypt the Cartoon series and Eerie Indiana were popular (talk about shows that need DVD releases)

SInce we're on the topic of kid shows and DVDs - PETE AND PETE DAMNIT!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DVD Releases you wants NOW « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.