Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:28:00 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DVD Releases you wants NOW « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: DVD Releases you wants NOW  (Read 2319 times)
Derf
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2004, 03:07:56 PM »

I'll agree with "Pete and Pete." I loved that show, and it holds up pretty well (I saw a few episodes recently). I'd love to see the complete "Freakazoid" series on dvd. It didn't last long, but it was hilarious!
saintmort
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2004, 09:26:19 PM »

How about Earthworm Jim...great series
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2004, 02:03:44 AM »

One of the classics:  "The Black Cat" with Karloff and Lugosi

"Yor - The Hunter from the Future" would be a great one.  My LD died (it became a very large, very deadly frisbee) and my VHS is pretty old.

"Starcrash" is just begging for DVD.

"The Terror of Tiny Town" special edition.

And my number one want on DVD is my self-created "Godzilla" set.  All of the Godzilla movies, in their original aspect ratio.  On one side of the DVD is the English dub.  On the other side is the original Japanese version.

(One could easily ask for it to be the perfect Japanese monster set and include all the Gamera films, along with movies like "Yog" and "Dagora."  

And where in the heck is "The Green Slime" DVD?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mitch McAfee
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2004, 04:31:15 PM »

Andrew, Starcrash is already out on DVD. It's a region 2 release from France. It comes with an original making of Documentary & the Starcrash sequel!!!!

Not a Bad Movie... more of a classic , but where's the Get Smart DVD?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2004, 07:00:52 PM »

Oh man, Mr. Bumpy! That show was crazy. Loved Eek and Eerie Indiana as well.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2004, 04:38:06 PM »

Some of the movies on my list are available from distributors outside the U.S. (such as CONVOY) and often show up on Ebay.  But I am waiting for the official U.S. releases.

* THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE

* WILLARD (original)

* BEN

* THE OTHER (the psychological thriller from the 70s . . . not to be confused with the Nicole Kidman movie "The Others.")

* DIRTY MARY, CRAZY LARRY

* CONVOY

* CROSS OF IRON (which is already available on DVD from a company called "Hen's Tooth" . . . I have it . . . but it's a lousy full-frame version and the picture quality is only slightly better than VHS . . . I'm hoping for a better, widescreen version)

* THE DOBERMAN GANG

* ERASERHEAD

* CRACK IN THE WORLD

To name just a few . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 04:09:11 PM »

Eraserhead is available, on a pricey special edition sold by the man himself at davidlynch.com. Might be worth it-- Lynch spent a couple of years finetuning and remastering the transfer, and it comes with deleted scenes and an hourlong conversation with him. It's on my Christmas list.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Yaddo 42
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2004, 09:15:29 PM »

A widescreen version of "Castle Keep", the recent DVD release was a no-frills fullframe version, and they already got me with the fullframe version of "Bite the Bullet". I already have a VHS copy of CK from several years ago in fullframe. Since the film only has a small following, I'm not holding my breath for a full bells and whistles version anytime soon.

A Region 1 release of "Duck You Sucker!" with all scenes in the European version restored. The US VHS version is roughly 128 minutes, the European version is around 160 minutes. A restored version was shown in NY this year, so maybe a DVD release is coming.

The TV series "Due South". I'd even settle for just the first two seasons. Wonder if there's an ownership tie-up because of the different financial backing for different seasons especially when the third season moved to US syndication. The show used a lot of music as well, might be a music use rights issue too.

That expanded 2 hour 50 minute version of "The Big Red One" closer to Sam Fuller's vision of the film that I've read about in the NY Times making the rounds at festivals.

Twilight's Last Gleaming - a neglected Cold War action film from 1977, with the best use of splitscreen I've ever seen.

92 in the Shade

I was unaware of film of the "Roxy and Elsewhere" performance, now I wonder why it has never surfaced. "200 Motels" on DVD and expanded I'd be curious to see, but I'm not enough of a fan of the movie to want it right away.

I'd like to find legit copies of Jodorowsky's films like the ones Scott mentioned and others. Supposedly "Holy Mountain" and "El Topo" are held up because of Allen Klein and Jodorowsky's hatred of each other. Klein owns the rights and is supposed to have vowed not to release them while Jodorowsky is still alive. Every so often I read of a legit release of either film overseas or in a limited edition from some small company. But I think we may have to wait until one of the two men die, Klein has been very ill for years (I even read of his dying about a year ago). Although I also read that Klein's children were interested in releasing the films after their father was gone.
Menard
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2004, 01:58:14 AM »

Scott,

El Topo and Holy Mountain are available on import DVDs. If you have a multi-region DVD player or if yours can easily be converted, you can check at xploitedcinema.com . If you do not have a multi-region DVD player but want to know if yours can be easily converted, you can check the DVD player compatibility list on videohelp.com to see if a hack is listed.

Bob

Menard
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2004, 02:10:31 AM »

Some of the movies I would like to see on DVD are: 'Alone in the Dark', a version of 'Humongous' that is not blacked out through half of the movie, and will someone finally put out a release of 'The Wild Geese' on DVD or VHS (it has been something like 20 years since the one and only release on VHS).

Bob

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DVD Releases you wants NOW « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.