Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:51:12 PM
714583 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MST3K - The Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MST3K - The Movie  (Read 2339 times)
Rombles
« on: November 02, 2001, 09:32:43 PM »

I have seen several references to MST3K scattered across the bits of the internet dedicated to this sort of crap, and never took much notice until last Thursday night when one of our TV stations here in Australia decided to bless us with Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - The Movie.
I am hooked. What the hell am I missing, and how do I stop missing it? Is this the movie of a series, or what? When are we getting more of it Down Under? Aarrrggghhhh! I don't want to have to move to America to see more of this sort of thing, but I will if I have to....
Vermin Boy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2001, 10:53:57 PM »

Yes, this is the movie version of the long-running, cultishly-adored TV series of the same name. Don't know how you can get it Down Under-- Rhino Records has released several episodes on video and a few on DVD, but I don't know if they're available in Australia. Fortunately, MST3K has one of the most widespread tape-trading communities on the web, so look around; chances are, a few are willing to trade that far. A good place to start is http://www.mst3kinfo.com. Unfortunately, I doubt it'll be broadcast down there anytime soon; They broadcast their last new episode in September 1999 (They went out with a bang, though, showcasing the Mario Bava spy film "Danger! Diabolik")
Will
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2001, 09:43:18 AM »

You can probably order episodes from Rhino.com or Amazon.com.  I think they ship internationally.....I believe Amazon has a UK store that might ship to Australia......
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2001, 12:36:50 PM »

Ah, yes! Do get ahold of all the MST3K you can. Then, when you've seen how the masters do it, do like we do...roll yer' own! When i see a movies like "The Giant Claw", "Alligator," Crocodile," The Giant Spider Invasion,":...oh, so much cheese....i have to give out. Started with "Reptillian"AKA "Yongarry" just last week! Loads of straight lines to savor like a fine whine...er,wine. He He He...just the lead bad guy alone was worth the price of admittion. My DVD has a Karaoki feature, and i do audio recordings of my reactions to the show, and can listen to them, and fine tune the reactions to diologue, and work up gig for sight gags. Tis' fun, i tell ya' true.
Squishy
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2001, 05:29:15 AM »

Let's put it this way: Mystery Science Theatre 3000--The Movie is just about the worst episode of the MST3K lot--it's shorter than the TV episodes, and poorly-filmed and -scored and -directed--and I was still crying from laughter. Prepare yourself for pleasure.
Andrew
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2001, 09:37:33 PM »

Oddly enough, I think that the movie is one of my favorite "episodes" of MST.  Of course, I was based in Boston at the time and saw it in a theater FULL of MST3K fans.  The energy in the place was like nothing I have ever experienced.

Andrew
flangepart
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2001, 11:18:06 AM »

So true, Andrew. I did the same thing. Wish i could find a similar group here in Columbus.(Sigh). Oh well......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MST3K - The Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.