Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:40:09 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Film Requirements « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: B-Film Requirements  (Read 2529 times)
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2004, 05:54:55 PM »

I believe that we as a society should take responsibility for our actions rather than hiding behind carefully fabricated propaganda. All this political rhetoric has led me to believe that we have failed to function as decent human beings and therefore we deserve whatever fate awaits us.

By the way, I'm not a Liberal so I have no problem with the government checking my I.D. or "opressing" me as you so boldly put it.

Another thing, Menard... I didn't mean to mispell your name. That was a typo on my part and I apologize if that may have offended you. It was unintentional.... Does "Mainerd" mean anything anyway?
Menard
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2004, 08:50:18 PM »

No Sugar_Nads, you did not offend me. I actually thougt it was funny. Mainerd does not mean anything, I just thought you meant Main Nerd. It was still funny. (: --Bob

dean
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2004, 09:55:21 AM »

In answer to the earlier question [before we got slightly off topic with some cynical observations] about teenagers directing films.  Have a seen a teenager direct a film?  yes I have seen many, many of which were fantastic, meaningful and didn't need to resort to p**s and fart jokes [which I love, but I think what Nads is saying maybe doesn't apply to that 'genre']  But what I am referring to is short films.  These are films which teenagers can actually make because of one main problem: money.  I would say that it is a very rare thing to be backed by a major studio when you are only a teenager, and because feature filmmaking is a big business of course it is tough to break into. But making a claim such as "Name one teenager that has directed and or produced a blockbuster" I think is ridiculous.  Did you know really that many teenagers with the money to produce a blockbuster?  

Someone certainly needs to stop with the generalisation that the younger generation are full of unintelligent social misfits.
Joe
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2005, 07:25:18 PM »

Let's see... Speilberg did Duel when he was 19...
Lucas did THX-1138 (the student film version) at 18...
John Carpenter did Super 8 throughout his high school years.
Carpenter and Dan O'Bannon did "Dark Star" in their early 20's

And those are just the genre directors I can think of.. I'm sure there are many more!

Format, be is Super 8, VHS, 16mm, 35mm, or VistaVision/IMAX, doesn't really matter to me. What makes a B-film, in my humble opinion, is how the creative choices of the director and his crew either elevate material, or send it crashing down into a pit of goofiness. Look at some of the big budget weirdness that's come down the pike in the last few years, and you'll see what I mean: "Lost in Space," "Pluto Nash," and "Van Helsing." On the other side of the coin, there have been some amazing films shot on a nothing budget. "Center of the World", "Bamboozled" and of course, "The Blair Witch Project"

Get away from the thought that the format is what makes or breaks a film. It doesn't. It's the people behind the cameras that make all the difference.
Funk, E.
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2005, 07:46:56 PM »

This is not unlike how Film Noir got started. Historically a studio would make a big budget production and then the second string cast and crew would make a cheap movie on the side.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-Film Requirements « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.