Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:44:43 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Randy Quaid's best and worst « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Randy Quaid's best and worst  (Read 1124 times)
Menard
« on: December 27, 2004, 04:10:53 AM »

A topic was posted about the 'Christmas Vacation 2' film with Randy Quaid. This also had me thinking about other films he has done and I am certain there is no shortage of opinion on his best and worst films. Although I like 'Christmas Vacation' and like to watch it every year around Christmas, my particular favorite is a made-for-tv version of 'Of Mice and Men' in which he played Lenny with Robert Blake in the role of George. I have not decided yet on worst.--Bob

trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 08:40:35 PM »

He was nominated for a Best Supporting  Actor Oscar in the Last Detail  with Jack Nicholson  (if you haven't seen this movie find it and watch it).  He was also in  The Last Picture Show (and the sequel Texasville.).  I also liked his sitcom Davis Rules with Johnathan Winters as his Dad.

Randy can act , but he has been in some real crap and some real good stuff.  I still think that he or Dennis were adopted. Never seen brothers that looked so totally different.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Menard
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 09:09:50 PM »

Doesn't Randy and Dennis Quaid as brothers kind of remind you of Terence Hil and Bud Spencer as brothers in the Trinity movies. "You two are brothers?"; "Uh-huh...same mother."--Bob

Ozzymandias
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 09:57:04 PM »

There was a TV miniseries a few years back about President Johnson with Randy Quaid in the lead role. He had the voice and manerisms down, but he didn't have the look quite down. All in all it wasn't bad.
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 11:23:57 AM »

Randy was the best thing in that CATAGORY 6 : thing on , what...ABC?
"Finding a tornado is like haveing great sex. Its hard to find, and if never lasts long enough."

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 12:55:15 PM »

I don't really have much to say for or against him, but of his films, my favorite is his motion picture deubt back in '68 "Targets." That was the one w/ Boris Karloff.

That version of "Mice and Men" was partially filmed just south of where I was living at the time.

While I have yet to see it, probably his most interesting film is "The Longriders" in which he appears with his brother Dennis. They play the Miller Brothers  in the film. Actually, the film has three more sets of brothers: James and Stacy Keach play the James Brothers, David, Keith, and Robert Carradiine play the Younger Brothers, and Christopher and Nicholas Guest play the Ford Brothers.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 01:31:44 PM »

He's good in the THE LONGRIDERS, INDEPENENCE DAY and the VACATION films. Been meaning to see the whole movie THE LAST PICTURE SHOW.

Spiffy NIffy
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 11:34:46 AM »

Let us not forget the movie 'King Pin' where he played an outstanding Amish bowling player named Ishnel.  Haha
Menard
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2005, 12:27:55 PM »

It's the scene where he's dancing in a bar that still haunts me to this day.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Randy Quaid's best and worst « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.