Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:06:31 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Weird Celebrity Kid Names « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Weird Celebrity Kid Names  (Read 7965 times)
Menard
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2005, 02:09:52 PM »

AndyC wrote:

> Were they hoping the good folks at Jello would notice, and
> maybe cover some of their baby costs?
>

I'd be more concerned with therapy costs.

Ed
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2005, 02:54:23 PM »

I have heard the Lemonjello and Oranjello story many times over the years, and I have yet to actually met anyone who met these hundreds of unfortunate kids first  hand.    Meanwhile, I story I have seen first hand...
My sister in law  was discussing names for their (potential) child, and has hit upon the name "Ryder".  However she does not see how that will mix with their last name...
"Cox".  
My personal view (from a traumatic childhood at school) is that kids are cruel enough  with making fun of other kids without the parents GIVING them ammunition in the form of a silly name.  If one must give a crazy first name, give the child a middle name as an escape.  

Ed
Menard
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2005, 03:31:23 PM »

Although I have heard the story and been told that they were born in a hospital in Louisville, KY, I have never had a particular desire to check it out. I would give just as much credence to the possibility that it is urban myth.

Ed
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2005, 04:00:44 PM »

I agree with you on the status as a potential urban legend.  I went to school with a kid named O.K. Doak, so I'd believe anything about parent's naming habits.  
-Ed
Master Blaster
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2005, 04:32:18 PM »

Oh my god thats a myth?? I heard that one from my mom years ago. She was a nurse so I figured it was a real thing that happened at the hospital. "she looked at the menu and saw orange jello and lemon jello so she named her kids ........"  

There's another one I didnt know was a myth until years later. Hotdog girl. She went to everybody's school, but nobody actually met her. I was telling some other kid about it way back and he's like, "yeah that girl went to my school too, She went to everybodies school you idiot!"
Menard
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2005, 04:51:32 PM »

I have met Simon Said. I am not kidding.

Menard
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2005, 04:55:05 PM »

The story I have heard about the Jellos also came from a hospital worker. I do not know if it is a myth. By the same token, I do not know if it is true.

ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2005, 05:19:17 PM »

I did know a guy years ago named Richard Head.  That one probably has urban legend status as well, but I did know this guy.  Knew the whole family (parents were very rich), and probably thought "how dare anyone make fun of MY kid."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Ed
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2005, 06:02:58 PM »

The guy that last told me about the Jellos was a teacher.
-Ed
JohnL

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2005, 06:40:52 PM »

This thread reminds me of a joke;

A woman goes into labor and passes out. Her brother rushes her to the hospital. She comes to several hours later and the nurse explains that she had twins and since they needed names to put on the birth certificates, her brother named them. "Oh no, this can't be good, he's an idiot!" she thinks, then asks the nurse what names he chose. The nurse says that he named the girl "Denise". That's not too bad she thinks so she asks "What did he name the boy?" The nurse replies "Da'Nephew"...
ulthar

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2005, 09:31:38 PM »

Okay, my wife and I are expecting our second child, and names have been on our minds.  She brought home a "Parents" magazine the other day with an article titled "The Best Celebrity Names."  There are some doozies.  There are also some from 'regular folk.'  There are also 'suggestions' from various categories.  Here are a few:

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Gwyneth Paltrow and their child Apple.  Here it says they named the kid that because "apples are so sweet and they're wholesome and biblical...'   Uh?  Wasn't the apple a key component in man's fall from grace?  What does this say about you?  "You're a new age hippie" and that quote is directly from the article.

Sweet hippy names like this form the first category.  Here are some suggestions from that category:  Banjo, Kenzo, Kiwi, Starbright, Strawberry.  Uh-huh.

On the next page is an anecdote by a lady who named her daughter Estee (accent on that middle e), cuz she was wearing that perfume when she first met her hubby; he said he liked the way she smelled, and viola - the kid's name was set!  Oh man.

From Linda Rosenkrantz, Baby Naming Expert (there's an expert on this??), we get the "Cool Names for 2005."  From this list, for girls: Bella, Siena; for boys: Phineas (a nod to Julia Roberts, I guess), Roman and Hudson.  Rosenkrantz apparently things names that combine "popular elements: geographical name, a surname and a star baby name" are cool.  Sorry, there, Ms. K, I don't think I need to name my child after a city, and I don't particularly want to give my kid a last name for a first name.  Okay, so I'm starting to think this baby naming expert title is self-appointed.

A lady is mentioned who named her kid Axel after Axl Rose; another describes naming their child Aston because her husband loves cars (especially, you guessed it, that Aston Martin).

From the City/Country Names category, we have Brooklyn, London, Dubai (??-good grief), Oslo, Cairo (sounds too much like Charo), Ireland and again Siena.  Man, shoot me if I name my kid Brooklyn, Dubai or Cairo.  Please.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
odinn7

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2005, 10:10:04 PM »

Congrats ulthar, that's good news.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Kory
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2005, 10:19:49 PM »

If it's a boy, there should at least be a MIDDLE name nod to "Ulthar".
Ozzymandias
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2005, 11:04:50 PM »

We like to crack the back of the rich and famous, but what about the little people.

I wonder how many children in Southwest Missouri in the last year have been named Maranatha (sp?).  

Also, sick of boys with names like old TV Westerns or pickup trucks.  Maverick, Cheyene, Shiloh, Colt, Cimmaron and Silvarado.
ulthar

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2005, 08:47:58 AM »

ulthar wrote:

>  and I don't
> particularly want to give my kid a last name for a first name.
>

Okay, I know it is dumb to respond to your own post, but I just realized something!  My daughter's name is Hunter, which I guess is a last name, too.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Weird Celebrity Kid Names « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.