Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:44:49 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Something wicked this way comes... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Something wicked this way comes...  (Read 984 times)
Spiffy Niffy
« on: December 30, 2004, 10:59:29 AM »

Has anybody seen this movie?Ive always wanted to see it.I also dont really know what it is about, so if someone could explain, that would be just peachy.It always looked rather weird though.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 08:29:48 PM »

It's about a couple of local boys who discover that the travelling carnival which has come to town is actually run by a sort of evil magician. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to recall that the head of the carnival has kept himself young for hundreds of years, so naturally, he sees them as a threat. There's more to it than that though.

It's hard to explain without making it sound like a typical horror movie but it's really not. It's based on a book of the same name by Ray Bradbury.
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 08:59:56 PM »

Spiffy, it's a damn good movie and you really should see it at least once. Especially if you like stuff like Tales from the Darkside or 80s horror.
Spiffy Niffy
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 01:18:54 PM »

My friend kept  describing this movie he said he had seen along time ago, and he described it just how JohnL did.When we finally figured out the name of it, i checked it out on amazon.com.It looked pretty cool.I think im going to rent it soon.Thanks for the info.
cheecky-monkey
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 05:36:57 PM »

I didn't like it. Quite dated, and slower than mollases.
Spiffy NIffy
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2005, 01:30:55 AM »

it has a cool name though
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2005, 06:13:49 PM »

>it has a cool name though

It comes from a poem/saying that someone in it uses; By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes. I'm not sure if Bradbury made that up or if he took from somewhere else.
Ozzymandias
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2005, 01:57:21 AM »

Bradbury got that from Shakespears' Macbeth.  Oddly enough, Agatha Christie named one of her books, By the Pricking of My Thumbs.

I saw an interview with Bradbury a few years back and he said of the movies made from his books or stories, Something Wicked This Way Comes was his favorite, but he had to nearly sue the Disney corporation to make it scarier. They tried to tone it down a lot and take out stuff.

I remember he hated the TV miniseries Martian Chronicles. Favorite quote from that interview was about Farrenheit 451. Bradbury said "It is a beautifully made movie...I didn't understand it even though it was based on my book."
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2005, 03:00:03 PM »

Well, it scared me, when I saw it at the cinema.

A trivia note. The character played by James Stacy. The one missing an arm and a leg. He is actually missing his arm and leg. It's not faked. Stacy lost his arm and leg in an earlier motorcycle accident.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Something wicked this way comes... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.