Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:26:36 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT:entertainment matures, parents don't « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: OT:entertainment matures, parents don't  (Read 4684 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2005, 02:43:29 PM »

I know what you mean. The Transformers turned 20 last year. The new-fangled cartoon my mom couldn't understand is now a quaint old classic. Damn you, time!

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Master Blaster
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2005, 03:15:51 PM »

I agree. Mom's got a right to say "no" without explaining herself regardless of her reasoning. Still you know the little punk is just going to head to the kid next door's house and watch the same damn movie mom just told him he could'nt watch. That's what I did when I was a little punk.
Master Blaster
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2005, 03:29:52 PM »

I was talking to some guy awhile back about Saturday morning cartoons and he didnt know who Voltron was. He said it was before his time. It was the first time I realized there was an adult generation younger than I was. I'll make jokes like "yeah, that was waaaayyy back in the like 80's" and with all seriousness some young guy will say, "yeah, that's really old". I'm only 26 but it's interesting to be able to remember fads and such 20 year olds never experienced.
Menard
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2005, 03:36:53 PM »

Meanie ( :

daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2005, 03:43:44 PM »

Go Voltron! Is that on DVD yet?

Anyway when I'm a parent I'm not going ot shelter my children from evil I'll explain to them that horror movies are fictional and that the handsome guy doesn't always get the girl and other stuff like that. I think my parents did a goood job of not sheltering me but at same time were responible about what I watched.

I only just learned last week that if you shot a car's gas tank it won't explode.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Menard
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2005, 03:58:42 PM »

daveblackeye15 wrote:

>
> I only just learned last week that if you shot a car's gas tank
> it won't explode.
>

I hope that does not mean you tested it yourself.

daveblackeye15

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2005, 04:30:38 PM »

No I didn't, somebody told me. But that doesn't mean I wasn't disapointed.

Master Blaster
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2005, 04:39:36 PM »

I checked. It's out on DVD. I think it has to be imported or something though. My wife already thinks I'm nerdy enough without adding this one to my collection. I'll have to stick with my fond memories instead.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/228595
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2005, 05:31:49 PM »

daveblackeye15 wrote:

>
> Anyway when I'm a parent I'm not going ot shelter my children
> from evil I'll explain to them that horror movies are fictional
> and that the handsome guy doesn't always get the girl and other
> stuff like that. I think my parents did a goood job of not
> sheltering me but at same time were responible about what I
> watched.
>

While I don't disagree with the spirit of your comment, I will offer the following three observations:

1.  Until you HAVE kids, you have NO IDEA what you are going to do.  True, I thought this was crap, until I had a kid.  I know how annoying it is when parents say this to not-yet parents, but there you go.

2.  For small kids, you cannot explain stuff like that.  They just don't know.  My daughter is pretty gutsy about most things, but she's scared to death of the Mrs. Potato Head her grandparents gave her for her birthday.  It's like people saying 'just explain to your child what he did wrong' to a two year old; yeah right, that will work.

3.  Finally, there's some evil you SHOULD shelter your child from (like child molesters, and the like).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Sugar_Nads
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2005, 05:55:50 PM »

There's nothing to understand about children. We have way too many parents letting their kids smoke pot and have sex while they play their violent little video games.

I see nothing wrong with the cracking of the whip or a little so called "opression" from time to time.

We as a society shouldn't have to "get with the times." We need to put a stop to filth no matter what the cost.

Also, I don't slander for the sake of trolling... I have a strong opinion about touchy subjects and if you bring it on I will confront you. It's a little excercise I like to call "freedom of speech." Perhaps you drones have heard of it. ; )
daveblackeye15

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2005, 05:57:47 PM »

ulthar

<1. Until you HAVE kids, you have NO IDEA what you are going to do. True, I thought this was crap, until I had a kid. I know how annoying it is when parents say this to not-yet parents, but there you go.>

Very true I don't have much of an idea.

<2. For small kids, you cannot explain stuff like that. They just don't know. My daughter is pretty gutsy about most things, but she's scared to death of the Mrs. Potato Head her grandparents gave her for her birthday. It's like people saying 'just explain to your child what he did wrong' to a two year old; yeah right, that will work.>

Good point also.

<3. Finally, there's some evil you SHOULD shelter your child from (like child molesters, and the like).
>
Of course! I should have said but but I agree with you on that. I had just woken up and I wanted to keep it brief. Look, I'm an idiot kid all right!

odinn7

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2005, 06:00:12 PM »

I have to agree with ulthar here. It's easy to say what you're going to do with your kids and how you will handle them. Once they are a reality, it's a different story altogether. I had all these ideas before my daughter came along but those all went out the window. I like to think I'm not a hard-ass with her but I'm told that I'm over-protrective. I just don't want my daughter to have anything bad happen to her and I don't want her to see certain things until I think she's ready. I didn't picture myself being this way but having your own kid really changes things if you have any sense of responsibility.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2005, 06:04:52 PM »

umm ok sugar nads. first of all if your talking about my post your wrong about all your points. angry 16 year old. far from. I am a bit older and work for NYPD and go to college. I was makeing a observation. I not a parent so the mothers reaction shocked me a bit so I wanted to be other people opinion. I wasnt angry when writeing my post. garner attention. ive been going to this board for awhile why would I need attention.

You can’t give it, you can’t even buy it, and you just don’t get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Menard
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2005, 06:08:30 PM »

Something for free? Where can I stand in line for that ( :

JohnL

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2005, 06:20:47 PM »

>I see nothing wrong with the cracking of the whip or a little so called "opression"
>from time to time.

Neither do I, although you should really save that kind of stuff for when the kids aren't around. ;)

>We as a society shouldn't have to "get with the times." We need to put a stop to
>filth no matter what the cost.

You light the bonfire, I'll smash open the library...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT:entertainment matures, parents don't « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.