Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:29:25 AM
714437 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The One « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The One  (Read 3029 times)
josh patrick
« on: November 09, 2001, 04:21:00 PM »

The One rules it is by far jet li's best american movie so far. KOD sucked Romeo Must die was dead and LW4 was mediocre. The One is One
Drezzy
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2001, 05:29:57 PM »

Wait...Lethal Weapon 4 was mediocre? And yet you praise this piece of s**t? Sorry, any American-made martial arts film from the past 5 years has been pure s**t, IMO.

Sorry, I go off on a serious rant whenever ANYBODY disrespects 4 of the greatest films of all-time, the Lethal Weapon series.
damien
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2001, 08:20:16 PM »

THIS MOVIE REMINED ME OF ANOTHER ON LET ME THINK........... OH YEAH.....THE MATIRX.....HELLO????? THE ONE ANY ONE ELES SEE THE HUGE SIMILARITIES?
Mofo Rising
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2001, 01:47:53 PM »

I really wanted to like THE ONE, but overall it was pretty disappointing.

The one thing I really liked about this movie were the fight scenes.  Sure they were all digitally enhanced, and what's the point in getting one of the best martial art stars in the world to fight computer graphics?  But, point is, they looked really freaking cool.  The famed shot of Jet Li smashing someone with a motorcycle is just gratifying on so many levels.

Too bad the plot didn't match up.  Actually, there really wasn't much of a plot at all.  Certainly not enough to fill up the already short running time.  And the acting leaves much to be desired.  Even the people I like (Delroy Lindo, Carla Gugino) just put in a token effort.

I also thought the directing wasn't great.  There was no pacing, and many of the shots were just drained of excitement.  Early in the film, Jet Li is being chased by people in a car. . . while he's outrunning them on foot.  This should be exciting, but it just looks like he's out for a jog.  And there simply aren't enough fights.  They should be occurring at least every ten minutes, no luck.

But the special effects are fantastic.  Some of the onscreen visuals are simply amazing, like the teleportation effect.  I was also pleasantly surprised at the final fight where Jet Li was fighting himself.  It went better than these things usually go.  Too bad the fights and special effects are few and far between.

And we'll leave the end to the final shot of the movie, which I still think is one of the cooler things I've seen recently.  It may be worth your ticket price (matinee) in itself.  The whole sequence has a cool fighting game vibe to it that the rest of the movie should've.

Oh well, three slimes for a subpar movie brought up by special effects.
josh patrick
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2001, 05:07:43 PM »

I wasnt saying LW4 was a bad movie just not as good as the other 3.
josh patrick
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2001, 05:09:00 PM »

I wasnt saying LW4 was a bad movie just not as good as the other 3.
Lester1/2jr.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2001, 06:49:25 PM »

Ever see any old school Jet Li stuff?  "Shaolin Temple 3" is one of my favorites
Squishy
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2001, 04:42:23 AM »

Last Hero In China is finally available uncut (the chopped-up version was called Deadly China Hero) on VHS and DVD, and is just too damn wild for words.
slaX
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2001, 11:42:33 AM »

which one is 3 lester?
Rombles
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2001, 09:08:21 AM »

I thought Jet Li's The Master was pretty cool. Gotta be the subtitled one, though, the dubbed version I saw sucked.
lester1/2jr.
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2001, 07:45:12 PM »

How could you possibly have enjoyed the Master??

Okay Shaolin Temple 3 was directed by Chang Cheh, so a HK director w/ a mainland cast.  I thought the first one was alright and pretty forward thinking considering the popularity of the subject.  The second one , Kids from Shaolin, I haven't seen but apparently it was good ecxept it turns into a communist propaganda film for about a half hour in the middle.  

They're all from the early eighties
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The One « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.