Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:28:01 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  HBO's "Carnivale" Season 2 premiere tanks in the ratings « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: HBO's "Carnivale" Season 2 premiere tanks in the ratings  (Read 30027 times)
Shane
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2005, 02:12:32 AM »

I never ever got what the deal is with this show. I tried to watch it and fell asleep every time, hehe, literally.. The show really isn't appealing to most  of america obviously judging by the terrible ratings that are even bad for hbo. Plus the acting in that show is so...blah. Nobody stands out at all to me as a star, or seems to have a good amount of talent.  I personally want to see this show end soon. I am a HUGE fan of Sopranos, and as soon as carnivale is off the air...the sooner we have a chance at seeing good shows. But carnivale has been taking up so much time on hbo and hbo2. I guess they are really trying to pull in ratings and it isn't working.  From the start I knew this show wasn't a hit. The plot too dragged out, confusing and dull, the acting mediocre at best (that ben kid is annoying and very over dramatic I agree with that statement made earlier for sure...definetly the worst actor on that show to me)I never saw it as being a hit and I guess I was right.  Hopefully HBO will have sense to do something about this show, and but "do something" I mean cancel it.
Shane
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 02:17:55 AM »

Doubtful. the ratings aren't just bad for tv, they are bad for HBO. They pulled in the worst ratings in hbo history this season. I don't think its the networks fault for the terrible ratings, its the show. The Sopranos, Sex and the city are legendary shows almost, and Oz has been on for quite some time as well. Tons of HBO shows to well...the reason this one tanked is obviously because the show is not interesting to people.
blkrider
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2005, 02:35:11 AM »

It does seem like they're giving the show numerous chances, chances that they haven't given a lot of their other programs.   Maybe the show does well critically and they want to give it a while longer.   I don't think HBO is necessarily ratings-driven anyway...I really don't see how they can be, since they have no advertisers.
A cult following might be enough to keep it going.  I don't know how it does critically.

Oz aired its final episode a couple of years ago, but they still air the reruns.
Shane
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2005, 04:39:06 PM »

Well actually, critically I believe it has been poor reviews as well. The critics call it slow paced and dragged out.  The only thing critics seem to compliment the show on is art direction and their costumes. Even if the reviews were good, critics really don't matter that much. The whole point of any show is to gather a fan base, the more people watch the longer its on, the longer its on the more money hbo makes. Critcs can love the show but it people don't, they got nothing. But especially the second season, critics that I have seen have not liked the show that much. The most common statement is the slow pace of the show, and the hard plot to follow.
AW
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2005, 09:06:57 PM »

This show is like having sex with someone and NEVER EVER ,....... CUMING ........... ever .................. ever ......... actually sex hasnt even happened yet, its like BEGGING for sex that never ......... ever ........... ever ............ happens.......

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED A NEW "WEIRD VISION" from someone ........ THAT BASICALLY MEANS NOTHING ???? OR DOES IT ........... IS THERE A POINT  ???????????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .....
AW
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2005, 09:09:59 PM »

WHAT PREMISE ????? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THERE IS ONE ?????
blkrider
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2005, 02:27:07 AM »

Y'know, I think I may just not even bother ever Netflixing this.  It sounds like it hasn't gotten any better from the first few episodes I saw.
shane
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2005, 11:47:11 PM »

TOO FUNNY "AW"!! LOL!!!!!
meggas344
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 11:24:23 PM »

This show is so bad. Dull, poor acting, hard to follow. The show is trying too hard to be original and it comes off as confusing and stupid. I hope it gets cancelled this show is a disgrace. I can't even side track myself of this boring show by watching hot actors they are all so freaking ugly. Such a shame. Not even a superficial reason to watch this show. Two thumbs down.
VeraAgnes
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2005, 08:00:31 PM »

Carnivale is lip smacking delicious! I have never been so emotionally invested since I heard the Moody Blues and Led Zeppelin on the radio. There have been fantastic saga's before such as Gone with the Wind, Dallas and Lord of the Rings but Carnivale' takes the prize for its mysterious, multi-layered, suspenseful race for power and world salvation. This series has everyone feeling mentally challenged, as one can't resist entertaining themselves with dissecting and analyzing the symbolisms and characterizations of each scene. This is what I call Adult Entertainment.  

Anyone who has honestly watched the series with sincere attention and not be captivated by the plots; well.....they must be living in a plastic bubble and only eat fast food.
SHSU Walrus
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2005, 11:21:40 PM »

I honestly really enjoy this show .  I think most of the bad comments posted on this site are a result of  not taking the series at face value.  I find this show much like Twin Peaks was in the 80s -- it is a show based more on characters than plots.  I think the writers keep open ends by running the characters around in multiple different directions and letting the plot take a back seat to character development.  I think it takes a fan of David Lynch style movies which are all  simialar  to this type of show  -- wierd, unexplained, no real point at all -- I like shows like that -- and I dont believe I am the only one.
Promee
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2005, 10:40:56 AM »

VeraAgnes,

I can't help but think that most modern audiences have trouble appreciating quality fiction of any sort. It's like, unless everything is completely spelled out for you and explained, it must suck. Never mind that the origins of things such as 'good' fantasy or SciFi came from things that made you THINK and not elaborate special effects or a really scarry looking bad guy...

I can't imagine any of the great classic works being hits today. Heart of Darkness would have flopped as a book and the idea to adapt it to something like Apocalypse Now  would never even be considered...

Funny how most of the people who seem to not care for it, have an almost putrid hatred for it. Instead of just saying they don't like it and not watching, they are begging for it to be canceled. If you don't understand it, mock it and kill it. That is the way of the thinking man, isn't it?
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2005, 11:04:43 AM »

Thanks for playing...next.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Monika
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2005, 02:42:27 PM »

I don't think peoples dislike of "Carnivale" has to do with not understanding it....it just doesn't appeal to most people. I actually did watch the first 3 episodes of the first season and just could not get into it. It was very boring, long and dragged out. I might as well of read war and peace.  People want the show cancelled for the sheer fact that they are constantly playing repeats of this show, wasting good time slots for good shows/movies to be on. I am excited to see if hbo has a new show coming on and they are less likely tomake a new series if "Carnivale" is still on the air. I don't know of anybody who even watches it at all. For ever 10 people that hate it, their is one die hard fan out there...and that shouldn't be enough to keep this show on the air. Their is just nothing moving about this show. Its uninteresting to keep anyones attention span. I am a teacher of school children so as you might as well of guessed, I do have an attenion span...but when that show comes on I feel like one of my 4th graders day dreaming out the window waiting for it to be over. Thats my opinion.
landofthelost
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2005, 02:48:52 PM »

i am contributing for this show to get off the air....i turn the chanel whenever its on so the ratings will go down and it will be over. i may not make a big difference in ratings but  i am doing my part to get this horrible show outta here.....if all the carnivale haters just turn the channel when its on (not that it had good ratings anyway) than this show will be history. if you find carnivale on in your living room one night  and youre not watching it or even paying attention to it, just turn it off....keeping the channel on and not watching it, is still making the ratings higher.....so yall, if we really want this show to be put to an end start a revolution....TURN OFF THE CHANNEL WHEN CARNIVALE IT ON!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  HBO's "Carnivale" Season 2 premiere tanks in the ratings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.