Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:35:15 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad movie, but a lot of fun « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad movie, but a lot of fun  (Read 3363 times)
Tom White
« on: November 13, 2001, 07:51:18 PM »

"Big Trouble in Little China"

If this movie gets reviewed, I'd recommend showing some clips of the final battle sequence. Really cheesy.
slaX
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2001, 09:43:46 AM »

Kurt Russell's best work...
Sakerson
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2001, 11:46:43 AM »

This one's a guilty pleasure of mine, one of those I can watch repeatedly and not get sick of it.  It's real saving grace is that it doesn't take itself seriously (lots of humor).  My friends and I used to randomly spout lines from this film:

"It'll come out no more!"
"What! What'll come out no more?!"

"Uh, what's in this Egg?"
"Huge buzz!" (gulp) "Oooh, good!  I can see things no one else can see, do things no one else can do!"
"Real things?"
"As real as Lo Pan!"
"Great.  What more can a guy ask for?"
"AAH!  A six-demon bag!"
"A six-demon bag.  Sensational.  What's in it Egg?"
"Fire, wind, all that kind of thing!"
Tom White
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2001, 12:51:46 PM »

Yeah!

"Son of a b***h must pay"
"It's all in the reflexes"
"No horse s**t, Jack"

And then some of the more lame lines:
"Are you crazy? Is that what your problem is?" - - "No, Jack, he's serious!"
(You're answering the wrong question, there)

"Her pen is mightier than your sword."
(I've never seen a couple of reporters threaten a large man with supernatural powers before)

"Never plugged a guy before?"
(Oh, not since yesterday. Come on, how many truck drivers shoot people in their every day lives?)

It's a lot of fun, though.
FLANGEPART
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2001, 03:51:05 PM »

What i wanna know, who sang the closing theme song? Oh, yeah, gotta see this one on DVD!
Vermin Boy
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2001, 05:05:30 PM »

Don't know who sang it, but I'm pretty sure it was written by Carpenter himself.
Tom White
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2001, 04:02:50 AM »

So, does Andrew Borntreger peruse the forums often? What are the chances we can get this movie reviewed?
Gerry
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2001, 01:40:18 PM »

Being in the military, Andrew's duties often keep him from spending a lot of time on the message boards, but he does make frequent appearances.

The chances of him reviewing BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA depend entirely on one factor--whether or not he wants to.  He has often said that he will only review a movie when he feels like it.  He's not in the web business for money, just for fun.  And that's as it should be IMO.
Gerry
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2001, 02:01:01 PM »

eom
Andrew
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2001, 07:03:18 PM »

I pretty much read everything on the message board, it is just that life keeps me busy.

Gerry was kind enough to point out the main reason anything gets reviewed on the site - if I'm in the mood to write an article about the movie.  That being said, "Big Trouble in Little China" is a film I wouldn't mind reviewing, but no idea when such might happen.  Working on a piece for "Gamera vs. Gaos" right now and after that I think "Prisoners of the Lost Universe" might be on deck.

Andrew
Tom White
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2001, 12:34:15 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I'd love to see your take on this, but no hurry.
Tom White
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2001, 12:36:55 AM »

No disrespect was intended, of course.
joe
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2001, 03:39:08 PM »

The Coupe DeVilles sing the song I think.John Carpenter's own band.I think nick castle is in the Coupe DeVilles, unless I'm losing my mind.I love this movie. This isn't right word for word but: You know what old jack Burton used to say in a time like this
Who:
Jack Burton, me, Old Jack used to say   What the hell?

classic
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad movie, but a lot of fun « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.