Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:43:19 PM
714475 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hercules: The Legendary Journeys « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hercules: The Legendary Journeys  (Read 908 times)
cheecky-monkey
« on: January 12, 2005, 02:35:03 PM »

Out of curiosity, which season should I buy on DVD? I want one with the most creatures, I'm asuming it's one of the earlier seasons.

Thanks.
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 11:15:06 AM »

Save your money.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
cheecky-monkey
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 06:16:02 AM »

May I ask why?
Neville

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 06:23:47 AM »

Because probably the show is still being shown somewhere, plus this particular show is not very appreciated around. Personally, I hate with my heart and soul. I found it boring, stupid and childish. I don't want to sound offensive, it's that I just plain hate it. The "Xena" spin off is only marginally better.  

If you still want to buy the show, you could try first the "movies" that were made together by putting together several episodes. I think there are some of them available.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
iluvdolma
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 07:00:21 AM »

I used to watch that show all the time, I loved the first few seasons when they had all the monsters in them. But than they said Hercules killed them all, and they were all extinct (reason why the dinosaurs are extinct today?). Anyway, I got bored without any action, and I stopped watching.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 09:01:05 AM »

I did watch the thing once in a while, but when Kevin "I'm a star" Sorbo started making them change things (like basically neutering Iaolys), I couldn't stand it anymore. Plus it was really formulaic and mindless.

The movies were made as movies, not episodes. They were part of a syndication package that Universal had called The Action Pack,.  This included the Hercules movies, Tek War movies, something called Knight Rider 2000, I know there was another one but can't remember what is was.

Post Edited (01-14-05 08:03)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
DARKWOLF
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 12:42:33 AM »

There where three more in The Action Pack Vanishing Son ( I'm still mad at for taking this off for  Xena), The Bandit, and Midnight Run. I always like Hercules better than Xena until the end of the last season.
The Bouncer
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2005, 11:41:34 AM »

Buy season 2 its da best.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 01:51:59 PM »

For my money, a great series of TV movies that turned into a great series. Some great action. I love that bar brawl in "Hercules in the Maze of the Minotaur." Some great villains. Ryan Gosling had that inheirent cool arrogance that every great villain needs. And some great lines. In that same episode, I loved it, when Iolaus (Hurst) said: "Sometimes you learn more from watching an idiot [speaking of Gosling's character], then you can be listening to a genius." Just ROTFL for me. Of course, my recommendation is to watch anything, before you buy it.

JohnL

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 04:18:10 PM »

>I did watch the thing once in a while, but when Kevin "I'm a star" Sorbo started
>making them change things (like basically neutering Iaolys), I couldn't stand it
>anymore.

Like Andromeda. I read an article where he was really putting down season-long story arcs because he says that nobody watches every episode, so he wanted the show to have more stand-alone episodes.

I don't know if this season, the last, is his fault or not, but so far I think it sucks.
Cheecky-monkey
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 04:46:17 PM »

Your right, towards the end of the show, it could get extremely stupid at times. Don't know why it took that turn.
The early TV movies were great, especially "Hercules and the lost kingdom".  There's a scene with a giant sea serpent eats hercules and a girl that's so impressive in scale even though it was in real life only a 6-foot animatronic puppet.
the boys at KNB FX did lots of awesome creature effects for the show, before the makers of the show started resorting to some really awful CGI because it was cheaper. Damn you, George Lucas!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hercules: The Legendary Journeys « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.