Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:23:46 AM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Knowing your stuff « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Knowing your stuff  (Read 6996 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2005, 09:48:55 PM »

Missouri was always kind of his base and also where he made it big. There was a St. Louis promotion he use to headline for years.

I saw Harley Race vs Pedro Morales in Atlantic City about 1986. Two very good professionals.

In Wildwood, NJ Harley Race against Davey Boy Smith in a good match that went an extra 5 minutes overtime then Harley Race left the arena after Smith did a full-press bodyslam on Race.

In Philadelphia Spectrum against Hulk Hogan where Hogan did his signiture moves on Race to win the match. Clothsline, Body Slam, and Leg Drop.

He was older in 1986-87. Eventually retiring from the ring.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2005, 09:49:54 PM »

Yea, you could apply a chicken wing.

Drezzy Mac
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2005, 08:44:17 PM »

Race is, to the best of knowledge, one of the few true class acts in the business.

But this isn't the board to talk wrestling. www.thesmartmarks.com is. Or www.kayfabememories.com, should you wish to talk about the old days.

And the ECW card...was that from 1998? Judging by the roster, it's either in mid 1998 or early 1999.
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2005, 01:01:41 AM »

What else am I somewhat knowledgeable about?
60s and 70s Pop/Rock Music and on a related subject, guitar construction. I hope to get building some this summer.
True crime buff. I am fairly knowledgeable about serial killers in particular.
I've been a fan of written SF and mysteries since the late 60s.
Since some others have mentioned it, I was, for a brief period, back in the late 60s-early70s a fan of pro wrestling. My favorites were Bobo Brazil and Mil Mascaras. It's one of those things I lost interest in as I got older.
Also model airplanes, though I haven't done much with them lately.

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
Tor Satana
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2005, 01:51:26 AM »

Beer.

Beyond that -

collecting: Japanese Monster toys - the retro inspired funky, brightly painted kind.

music: Stooges, Primal Scream, Supergrass, Dandy Warhols, Death in Vegas, The Eels, Stereolab, etc, etc.

some fave movie director's:
Russ Meyer
Beat Takeshi
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2005, 05:10:31 AM »

General Carpentry and Woodworking.  My father taught me the basics.  I actually built all of the cabinets for our kitchen in GA.  My trademark is using two different woods, one light and one dark.  Our kitchen was all white oak, with walnut drawer fronts and raised center panels.  No plywood either, all hardwood with rabbits and mortis and tenon joints.  They were reinforced with stiffening blocks and, where I could hide them, nails.   I made everything so it could expand and contract (hardwood does that) and the drawers were custom sized to Katie's specs with heavy duty ball bearing rails.  

Dinosaurs.  I was just getting back into this and collecting some of the newer books (wow, great stuff) when the unit orders for Iraq came down.

WWII, especially the aircraft of Germany, Britain, and US.  The air war was really something else during this period.  There has never been anything else like it, along the lines of air combat.

Car  Mechanics.  Lots of the general stuff, like doing the brakes (including drum),  starters, tranny maintenance, oil changes, and such.   I used to have a 67 Camaro with a 350 in it.  I have worked a lot on small-block Chevy V8s.  Done everything except put a crank and pistons in and that was simply on account of not needing to.

Computers and Networking.  This is what I do for the Marine Corps, a Data Chief.  Everything from commercial fiber to DSL modems out here.  Big network, spread over miles.  Myself and 4 Marines run the whole thing on our half of the base.  I can still teach the youngster's tricks with some of the gear and especially with command line stuff.  I usually do all the admin on the Badmovies.org server (Linux), when I am back home.

General Nature.  Katie puts up with me playing with reptiles, insects, spiders, and all sorts of things.  Sometimes she is also interested, like the tortoise that lived on our land in GA.  Other times, she is very unhappy, like me investigating a large rat snake.  Katie does not like snakes.  However, she surprised me by sticking around while I showed my nephews some ant lions - how they catch food and what they look like.

Legos.  Ah, good stuff.

Weapons.  I am a pretty good shot and a good teacher.  I've taught a number of people how to use and fire handguns.  Marine Corps, I often end up being the RSO or OIC for machinegun (especially the 240G) and pistol range.

Tavern Puzzles.  Love them and I sometimes drive my friends nuts.  Todd gave me one once for Christmas.  I held it up and examined it for about 20 seconds.  Todd said, "Oh, oh no!" and then I solved it before the minute was over.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Knowing your stuff « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.