Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:29:06 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite B-Film « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Favorite B-Film  (Read 883 times)
Jack Corbett
« on: February 02, 2005, 03:26:05 AM »

Okay. As with many of my other posts, you can use more than one example.

And, trust me, you can chose anything you want. Good or bad. Here are mine:

Bad Taste (1987)

Absolutely f**king hilarious. A classic, and even more impressive when you realize that PeterJackson filmed it on weekends, as a hobby, for four years with his mates. Exploding sheep have never been funnier.

Braindead (1992)

Another Peter Jackson classic. Just bloody hilarious. Takes the p**s out of zombie flicks while paying tribute to them and has some of the funniest scenes and characters ever filmed. A hoot. And before I saw this, I never knew that lawnmowers were so deadly and could be used so effectively against the Living Dead. See this film. (If you want to see Father McGruder's hilarious intro, look up "Dead Alive" on B-movie reviews on this site.) "I kick ass for the Lord!"

The Valley Of Gwangi (1969)

Very good work from Ray Harryhousen on not just Gwangi himself (The Allosaurus is a character, you know), but a huge variety of other wonderful creatures. Since I saw this during my "Dinosaur Period" (1999 - 2001) I can't remember everything, but Ido remember a great deal of it. I want to remake this when I am grown up, because it is something I look back on warmly.

That's what I can think of at the moment, but not all. I will probably post a bit later on with more.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 12:56:24 PM »

I'll keep mine at an even dozen. So, in alphabetical order . . .

Angry Red Planet
Beastmaster
Cemetery Man
The Fly
I Married a Monster from Outer Space
Krull
Lair of the White Worm
Monster that Challenged the World
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Tarantula
Wizards

I think it is the cheez whiz factor. Not only tasty to eat, but also tasty to watch. And not to make too much of it, but this list is taken from the reviews at this site.

dudeman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 05:53:44 PM »

Bad Taste, Braindead, Story of Ricky, Cannibal the Musical, and as for classics; Glen or Glenda?, this movie was way before it's time
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 12:28:22 AM »

As always, it's difficult to make a complete list, because there are so many that I love, but here are a few off the top of my head:
Microwave Massacre
Psychos In Love
Split Second (Rutger Hauer)
Evil Dead Trilogy
Razorback
Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks
Make Them Die Slowly
Anything with Godzilla
Transformers: The Movie

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Favorite B-Film « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.