Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:29:35 PM
714385 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tick Tick Ti-- « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tick Tick Ti--  (Read 2458 times)
Squishy
« on: November 22, 2001, 07:28:32 AM »

--Pow.

Holy crap, is The Tick cancelled already? It was on for two episodes, and now it's replaced by The Wedding Singer this week and doesn't appear on next week's schedule. Oy vey. Fox. They keep resurrecting that Godawful bottom-feeder Family Guy (Ha ha ha! Everybody's p**sing! The baby's an a***ole! And how about dem phoney Joisey accents, hah?), but they sat on The Tick for seventy years, put it up in "Suicide Alley," and killed it after two. F*** you, Murdoch.

The Emperor's New Groove turned me into a Patrick Warburton fan on the spot, and he did a superb job as the Tick; everybody was great. Liz Vassey (Captain Liberty) is quite hot, too, I might add. To hell with Wonder Woman.

The first episode was unavoidably bad--seventy percent introductions, thirty percent "plot," all rush-rush-rush with the worst "stand-in" job I've ever, ever seen (an actor representing Jimmy Carter keeps pushing his face into corners and such so we never see his face; there are about three million easier ways to accomplish this).

The second episode, however, was a gem from the get-go. Okay, the ending was as badly edited as the first episode (Tick goes from "major boob" to "hero of the day" while giving a speech, without any transition whatsoever) and the limitations of the big blue suit are apparent (huge platform shoes and Warburton's inability to turn his head in it), but the dialog is priceless, and that's more than half the battle. Tick, Arthur, Liberty, and Batmanuel all get a chance to shine, and they're just fantastic. I thought I would hate Batmanuel, but he's actually a lot funnier than Die Flatermaus.

-------------------------------
Arthur: "Leave me alone!"
Batmanuel: "I'm sorry. It's just not cool."
Arthur: "Oh yeah? Who made you the arbiter of cool?"
Batmanuel: "It is the divine mission of Batmanuel. There is nothing you can do about it."

I'm gonna miss this one already. I hope it gets the Clerks: The Animated Series treatment, and we can see the unaired episodes.

...at least let Comedy Central run the cartoon again. Jeez, he never even got to say "Spoon!"
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2001, 09:28:18 AM »

I'm told The Tick will be bad December 5th or so.

Sorry, Murdoch, didn't mean to snap at you like that. You know I love you.

Military Guy: "I'm starting to like the cut of this man's jibberish!"
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2001, 09:29:20 AM »

BACK! "...will be BACK December 5th or so."

Durrrrr! Ar! Ar! Duhhhhhh
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2001, 12:22:44 PM »

I'm not too sure THE TICK has been canceled or not. But after seeing the two episodes it was pretty obvious that it would not last. The actors and the scenerios were good, but the uncreative writing just made it obvious that THE TICK would be canceled. BOB PATTERSON was canceled as well due to it's uncreative writing. Are we getting any good writers in the TV business? I guess not.

Fox does have a good record for canceling and resurecting shows. FAMILY GUY comes to mind. It's a SIMPSONS wanabie show that goes nowhere. Their were some funny bits that lasted only 1 second, but the show in general is just poor which is why I am glad THE SIMPSONS are still around to make us laugh.

What astounds me is that the good shows get canceled, but the really BAD shows like WILL & GRACE stay on the air and continue to make us gag and choke. What's the deal with that? But hey, that's TV for yah!
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2001, 12:59:30 PM »

Yeah. The Tick has potential, but you know what T.V. does with that, uses it for mulch on the stinkweeds. (sigh). On radio, Bob And Tom are playing bits from the tick. "The scene where the Tick takes on a coffie machine is great. "Java devil, you are now my b***h!". Hah!
The Bard
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2001, 08:29:58 AM »

Shasta McNasty was one of the funniest shows I ever seen. I love the first season, and somehow it managed to get renewed for a 2nd run despite being the lowest rated show on television. All the suddenly they cut everything that was funny back, the charectors suddenly became serious and they went overkill on Mini-Me. The second season was so painfull that I could only watch 10 minutes before changing the channell.

And if you think the first season wasn't good, check out the episode were they go to Las Vegas, or the episode were Jake Busey goes out with a fat chick that is losing weight.
Squishy
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2001, 05:37:48 PM »

Actually, The Tick isn't cancelled. It'll be back December 5th or thereabouts. Almost everyone who's reviewed the show has liked it but mentioned that they thought it would be canned instantly, so I'm just in that mindset where I'm waiting for the hammer to fall.
schmizz
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2001, 04:07:10 AM »

Family Guy is the funniest show on tv.  Simpsons were funny, talk about writers losing it, the show is tired now.  Family Guy is continually fresh!!!  They should make a spin-ff with Gumble and Gumble!  Watched first Tick, it just needs time to develop.  Thursday night sux, it would get better ratings on a Sunday at midnight pete's sake!!!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tick Tick Ti-- « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.