Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:06:55 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Slipstream (2005) on SciFi channel.....Reviewed! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slipstream (2005) on SciFi channel.....Reviewed!  (Read 1207 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: February 02, 2005, 01:17:48 PM »

Slipstream (2005) Starring Sean Astin  - An actual Scifi movie on the Scifi channel.  This movie is actually going into limited release in the UK.  

Astin plays a scientists who has invented a device that allows him to jump backwards in time 10 minutes. When he looses his government funding he plots a unique bank heist of sorts using his device (I read that he realizes he can continuously cash his pay check over and over). Mayhem insues when someone else is evidently robbing the bank the same day and Astin has an FBI agent tailing him.

Sounds like a thriller, but I will reserve judgement until I actually see it. It airs at  8:00pm  Central on the Scifi channel.

Here is the official site (I'm guessing Pear Industries has money invested in the film) Slipstream

Post Edited (02-12-05 22:11)

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Menard
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 04:09:03 PM »

Any part of that plot sound like it was lifted from RETROACTIVE?

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 11:23:45 PM »

Boy, what peanut head edited this thing?  I know the backwards thing is necessary to show time reeling back, but what was the  round and round crap in the bank during the shoot out?

The effects were okay for the most part, except did anyone else think the wing span on that  airliner was just a wee bit short?

Most of the actors especially Sean Astin did well . I think with a real budget this movie would have far better.

Things I learned watching this movie:

1. FBI agents can stand right out in the open in a three way cross fire and not get hit unless it is a necessary plot point.

2. British bank robbers are dummer than ours.

That's it for now, must go watch The Venture Brothers and Full Metal Alchemy.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 10:17:21 PM »

Things I learned from watching Slipstream:

The best way to impress a woman you like is to act like an obsessed stalker who has never talked to a woman before, while describing how various parts of her body make you feel.

When an experimental device works like it's supposed to, the proper response is to stand there, dumbstruck, laughing hysterically.

If you get shot during a bank robbery and then have the chance to live it over again, the best course of action is to simply stand there until the robbers come in again.

When heading for cover during a shootout, it is important to drop the one device that can get you out of said shootout.

When dealing with a sensitive, experimental device, there's no need to treat it gently, just toss it around, especially if it's the one and only thing that can bring back the woman you love.

Being several thousand feet up in the air can get you more power than being in a lab where you most likely have direct access to such power sources as a nuclear reactor.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Slipstream (2005) on SciFi channel.....Reviewed! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.