Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:15:00 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scariest thing you have EVER seen/heard « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Scariest thing you have EVER seen/heard  (Read 11221 times)
Jack Corbett
« on: February 12, 2005, 06:38:51 PM »

This doesn't have to be a movie. It can also be real.
Here are mine:

PITCH BLACK:
To date the only movie that made me leave of sheer fright.
C'mon! I was eleven years old! Whaddya expect?!

The scariest... wait, no... FREAKIEST thing I have heard is the little girl's footsteps running back and forth in my parents room. It is one of the ghosts that lives in our group of houses. (In our street)
Wence
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 06:43:16 PM »

Sorry for this question, Jack, but... ehm

...how old are you?
Jack Corbett
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 06:59:06 PM »

Turning fifteen in May this year.

But I DID say that I was eleven (11) when I saw the movie. Now I own it on VHS and watch it to get to sleep. Just like The Evil Dead...

I am being serious, there is a ghost (or two) in our house.
Wence
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 07:05:57 PM »

15 years and it is normal for you to watch Evil Dead before going to sleep???

When I was 14/15 I saw "Re-Animator" and "Return of..." the first time and I was really scared. And I think that Evil Dead is "harder" than these films...

Maybe you should start again with docu-films about animals or the TomSayer&HuckleberryFinn-Series, instead of watching horror-films.  :)
Jack Corbett
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 07:14:06 PM »

Uh, wait, I shouldn't have said Evil Dead...

I watch any film in the Evil Dead Trilogy to get to sleep.
Although I haven't been able to lately because school is back on and all, and one of my friends borrowed the first one on Friday.

Of course, I did laugh my head off at the lawnmower sequence in Braindead/Dead Alive, thinking it was one of the best thing I had ever seen.
Ozzymandias
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 02:58:04 AM »

I was fooling around on the web and found a site about the death of a woman who was held hostage and starved to death at a "church retreat." She apparently was leaving the "church" after a dispute, so the "church" leaders had her kidnapped and taken to this "retreat." To be talked out of leaving. She supposedly died and her captures just left in the emergency room waiting room without explanation.

The website had photos of her in the morgue after being found. Her legs were covered in urine and diareah (sp), her skin was not only dry and cracked, but had bug bites on them. The worse part was her eyes were still open. This girls dead face is just staring at you.

This was even to much for me. I used to not have a problem with horror films, now I'm bothered by any kind of make up or anything that comes close to what I saw in those pictures.
Jack Corbett
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 04:10:50 AM »

What about Ghosts? Anyone had an encounter with them?

Ozzymandias, I feel sorry for you. I would be in the exact same position if I saw something like that.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 11:20:54 PM »

That would be Lisa McPherson, killed by the *CULT* of scientology. This is the fake religion that L. Ron Hubbard started in an attempt to get rich, and which half the stars in Hollywood have been brainwashed into joining. Its members include Tom Cruise Control, John Revolta, and many others.

You can read the tragic story of Lisa McPherson at her memorial site;

Lisa McPherson Memorial

If you go to the autopsy photos page, there's a link to the photos that Ozzymandias mentioned.

If you want to find out more about scientology and why it's a dangerous cult, check out the following links;

Inside Scientology/Dianetics
scientologists think you're a "WOG"

The first is an entire book describing the author's experiences with the cult. Very interesting reading, especially the parts where he describes using the "e-meter" to locate the invisible "body thetans" clinging to him so that he can become a "clear".
dudeman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 01:24:20 AM »

Scariest thing for me these days deals with school, I freaked out when I thought I wasn't able to add into one class...that's how mundane my life is....man I hate school.

For movies, the scariest thing I've honestly seen is the naked fat lady in About Schmidt, her name slips my mind at the moment, but as I was watching  it in the theaters I was like "oh god, don't show it!!!"
raj

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 01:04:54 PM »

Carrot Top.
What's even more frightening is that there must be people out there who think he's funny.
Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 07:11:43 AM »

Years ago, when I lived with my parents in the country(rural Kentucky), two black stray dogs came to our house...we had pet cats, so to keep the dogs from chasing them I locked them in a chicken house by the woods(we intended to give the dogs to a family friend)...that night was hot & those dogs were constantly barking.. I could'nt sleep so I went outside to sit on the back porch where it was a little cooler..I wasnt out there about ten minutes when the sounds of the dogs barking changed into what sounded like the VERY loud sound of women laughing...it was just echoing through the woods & hollows...scared the living hell out of me. It really happened, I can hardly believe it myself & I don't expect anybody else to believe it, but it sure enough happened
odinn7

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 08:27:16 AM »

Dutchman, are you saying you think the dogs turned into women? I know there's a joke here somewhere but...
What did the dogs look like in the morning? Where they still there?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 04:48:45 PM »

Hmmmm.  

Seen:  for films, the scene in "The House On Haunted Hill" where the lone female wanders into a closet and comes face to face with the blind housekeeper.  Brrrr!
"28 Days Later" sparked at least 3 nightmares, in unpleasant detail, of the breakdown that follows the initial scene in the film.
An episode of the new "Outer Limits" about a thing that lives under the bed and can imitate other people.  That sparked another nightmare.

Sound:  when alone in the house and I hear the door open and someone come in, only to find that I'm still (hopefully!) quite alone.  Doesn't often happen, but it isn't pleasant when it does.

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Ozzymandias
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 11:32:09 PM »

We had trouble one summer at our house with foxes coming out of the woods and fighting cats and dogs in the area. Foxes make a noise that sound like a terrified woman or a baby. They also seem to get louder and louder. They will wake you from a sound sleep.
Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 07:54:48 AM »

odinn7...I don't know what happened, I recalled a story my Mamaw told me of a terrified hunter who came knocking on their door when she was a kid(my family has always lived around these parts)..the hunter claimed he shot a possum and it turned into a woman...she said her Papa assured her that he was either crazy or drunk...when I heard those laughs that story was my first thought. I ran in the house and woke up my parents, Dad told me animals just sound like that sometimes, but I was pretty shook up. I know what I heard, and it was dog barks that turned into laughing. I finally went to sleep that night, when I woke the next morning Mom told me that Dad let the dogs go and they ran off. My brother still lives near those woods, and he says that he's heard what sounds like women laughing but he thinks its just animals...Another freaky thing happened when I was dating the girl I'm married to now..I was taking her home from our house pretty late and I was going a little too fast down the hill(its a long gravel road through the woods) and the car lost traction and went into a ditch. The car was hung up, so we were gonna walk back to the house but we could here chanting coming from the woods..she was terrified(I was too, but I tried to act brave) so we got back in the car and I just floored it. I overheated the car but it finally tore out of the ditch & we got the hell out of there. There's alot of rumors about devil worship around there, and after that I believe them.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Scariest thing you have EVER seen/heard « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.