Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:21:22 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best gunfight « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best gunfight  (Read 1064 times)
Jack Corbett
« on: February 12, 2005, 06:32:34 AM »

Mine are:

-The Lobby Shootout (The Matrix) 10/10 **MUST SEE!**

-Gunfight in the Street (Open Range) 10/10 **MUST SEE!**

-Diner Carnage (Natural Born Killers) 9/10

-The Coke Warehouse (Robocop) 10/10 **MUST SEE!**

-The Bullet Time effect (The Matrix) 7/10 **FAMOUS**

That's about all I can think of at the moment. I am sure there are more, but still...
What are yours?
Metalbeast
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 09:47:32 PM »

Most of the gunfights from "The Killer" and "Hard-Boiled" spring to mind, particularly the tea house shootout in Hard-Boiled and the church shootout at the end of The Killer. Basically, any pre"Hard Target" John Woo movies(not to totally diss Hard Target as it does possess it's own kind of goofy charm). Woo's films aside, I would have to say another good, albeit rather silly shootout would have to be at the end of Commando when Arnold takes on a small army all by himself(Gotta love the scene were Arnie gets his hands on the stuff in the tool shed). Another one that springs to mind is the final scene in "Scarface" when Tony goes out in a blaze of glory.
Yaddo 42
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 01:13:49 AM »

The climatic gunfight of "The Magnificent Seven". A gunfight that ties up the plot around the personalities of the members of the Seven.

Roy Bean's revenge on the bar patrons in "The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean"

More of a battle scene but the final castle assault in "Castle Keep". Effective use of sound with the Browning .50 cal Burt Lancaster uses.

The opening and closing gunfights in the "Pierrot Le Fou" episode of "Cowboy Bebop". I know it's a TV show and anime but both are great.

Henry Fonda vs. the Wild Bunch in "My Name is Nobody".

The final shootout in "Unforgiven".

The apartment ambush squence from "Time and Tide".

The "Bring me everyone." siege from "Leon, the Professional".

A second for the teahouse shootout in "Hard-Boiled", honorable mention for the shootout in the hospital with the long take revolving around the elevator ride.

The opening gunfight in "Nemesis", but the whole film is a guilty pleasure for me.

The waiting/buildup/"Frank sent us."/gunfight in "Once Upon a Time in the West".
dudeman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 01:14:43 AM »

Yeah, The Killer comes to mind, John Woo was a genius.

There's this one other Chinese movie I saw a trailer of where these cop guys do fancy jump flips while shooting at people, I gotta find out out what it was, it might be the greatest shoot'em up movie in existence.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 12:40:16 AM »

I don't usually watch films twice, but HEAT starring Deniro, Pacino, and Val Kilmer and I caught my second viewing the other night right at the bank robbery scene and to watch this gun battle is always awesome.  Good film. Great scene !

Dutchman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 06:51:54 AM »

Holden, Borgnine, Oates & Johnson vs. Mexican army
Yaddo 42
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 10:22:32 AM »

The opening armored car robbery and the gun battle are the only parts of "Heat" that I liked.

Good call, Dutchman, on the finale of "The Wild Bunch." The opening gunbattle is pretty good too, plus I can never here "Shall We Gather at the River?" without thinking of the ambush.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best gunfight « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.