Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:49:26 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hidden Gold and Jeepers Creepers « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hidden Gold and Jeepers Creepers  (Read 1170 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 14, 2005, 10:56:02 PM »

First the movie gold...
To understand, I go to college in this small town of Harrisonburg, Va (claim to fame - third largest turkey slaughtering/producing plant which I have been on a tour of and get the ability to smell every so often and and the second largest Wal-Mart in America.) So, imagine my surprise as I am perusing the local Blockbuster's horror section when I see a VHS film that I haven't even found on Amazon or E Bay. That's right, the movie Cube, I had never heard of it before this message board but now it is in my local Blockbuster, ripe for the picking, I can't wait.

However, my girlfriend was out of town this week so I decided to rent Jeepers Creepers because I had always heard of it and people consistently complain about the ending.

I must admit that I enjoyed this film, it wasn't scary, and it wasn't great, but definitely solid. I really enjoyed that first, the main characters were a brother/sister pair instead of an oversexed dating couple. Secondly, I really enjoyed the fact that this was a pure monster movie, not a slasher flick or a generic vampire/werewolf/mummy thing, but a brand new monster! Granted the acting was atrocious and the script had its share of holes, but I was thoroughly creeped out by the final scene where the Creeper has the petrified boy in his new "house of pain" with the boy's eyes carved out. Where the hell did the Creeper get that axe to chop off the officer's head though? That was stupid. And talk about a lame psychic...

Here is an interesting note, the movie's exec. producer was FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA, yes the one from GOdfather. Why he endorsed this project is a mystery to me, and besides his daughter's film, I wonder what else he has produced.

ANy word on Jeepers Creepers 2? Is it worth seeing?

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 10:58:09 PM »

I love that there's a Francis Coppola spagetti sauce now, except that it's too expensive.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 12:15:37 AM »

Evan if you liked JEEPERS CREEPERS like I did then you will like JEEPERS CREEPERS 2. Both are decent films. They both have their own place in the Horror genre.

Dreggen
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 12:42:01 AM »

Not to pop your bubble there Evan but I recently saw at a bunch of Cube DVD's at my local best buy, their web site also carries the movie for about $12. BTW is this movie worth a blind Buy?  How does it stack up to Cube 2: Hypercube?
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 08:16:45 AM »

Evan, yep it's produced by Coppola, and not too bad of a flick.  Look up some info on the director though, and you might be a bit disturbed.

As for Cube, it's one of my favorite "overlooked" films.  It shouldn't be too hard to actually find a copy online.  

Dreggen - Do not even question buying Cube.  It's amazing, and tense as hell.  Considerably better than Cube 2.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 02:59:08 AM »

>How does it stack up to Cube 2: Hypercube?

It's much more realistic, not like all the alternate dimensions and time travel stuff in the second.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hidden Gold and Jeepers Creepers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.