Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:01:50 AM
714441 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Happiness « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happiness  (Read 2212 times)
lester1/2jr.
« on: November 29, 2001, 11:54:18 PM »

I realize there have probably already been alot of discussions about this elsewhere but...has anyone seen this incredibly disturbing film?  It's by the guy who did Welcome to the Dollhouse.  It's like if you took the darkest moments of that and American Beauty.  I seriously felt alot better about my own life after seeing this.  
              In martial arts there's internal and external.  internal being spirit and concentration and whatnot and external being like the punching and stuff (a very broad decsription).  Happiness is like an internal Texas Chainsaw Massacre!
mugwump
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2001, 12:29:43 AM »

ha ha ha, well put, i really enjoyed happiness, it was kinda like a comedic, yet disturbing and cynical look at life in the Burb's.
PsYcNeT
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2001, 03:42:23 AM »

Happiness is probably one of the most true films I have seen in a long long time. Hold on to copies of it, and show it to people. It can make everyone better people :)
Will
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2001, 11:49:01 AM »

I like it when the dog licks the jizz off the little boy and then licks his mom's face.  That made me a better person.
lester1/2jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2001, 07:27:21 PM »

I didn't catch that it licked the mom's face after.
PoorLogic
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2001, 09:21:44 PM »

I saw Happiness on Showtime awhile back and ran out and bought the DVD. What a film! This is what film making is all about.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2001, 02:10:28 PM »

With all due respect, we have some disagreement here. It is not a bad movie, I have seen worst, but it has to rate as one of the most overrated movies of that year and all time. There is nothing in it to write home about. Everything about it rises no further then average. Neither the acting, camerawork, costumes, directing, lighting, music, sets, nor writing. If one is looking for the weird and funny-funny, one is better off watching David Lynch's "Blue Velvet," where the acting, camerawork, lighting, and music are much better; or, Ken Russell's "Lair of the White Worm," where the costumes, sets, and writing are much better. To top it off, Roger Ebert loves "Happiness," but hates "Blue Velvet" and "Lair of the White Worm." Enuff said.                  
As for that one scene talked about, the boy, standing on the apartment balcony, sees a woman in a bikini sunbathing below him.
He masturbates to climax, his first, and his semen splatters on the balcony railing. The dog licks it off the railing and then licks the mother's face. I must say that was the only laugh from the entire audience during the whole film, at least, when I saw it.
Lee
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2001, 02:39:52 PM »

Am I the only one here who finds that a little discusting?
lester1/2jr.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2001, 11:02:55 PM »

With all due respect, You have a view of film I find completely insane.  Lighting? costumes?
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2001, 03:29:33 PM »

With all due respect, your not the first person to tell me I'm nuts. Everything should be taken into consideration, when a movie is seen. And that includes costumes and lighting. Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Happiness « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.