Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:09:44 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Day After Tomorrow is so bad! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Day After Tomorrow is so bad!  (Read 2744 times)
Matt
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 10:02:54 PM »

I have to agree! This movie was the worst! The best parts were the previews!
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 10:24:09 PM »

Donnie Dark....I mean Jake Gyllenhall getting chased by the freeze. Great cinema moment.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Eirik
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 11:44:18 PM »

This movie is alarmist nonsense inspired by Chicken Littles who think they can predict another ice age based on 40-50 years of data on a planet millions of years old.  That said, sometimes movies outlive their contemporary messages and become famous (or infamous) in their own right.  Breaker Morant is an example -- when it came out it was obviously a commentary on the Vietnam War.  Almost 30 years later and removed from its context, it stands out as a genuinely great military drama in its own right.  

I think the Day After Tomorrow may -- fifty years from now when the Chicken Littles have moved onto another flavor of the month -- stand out as a bizarre and uproarious slice of early 21st Century radicalism.  The most ingenius part of the marketing for this film was the way they got Dennis Quaid (a moderately respected actor I think it's fair to say) to actually go on TV talk shows and, as preposterous FX laden scenes of the planet getting flash-frozen are played, actually say that "This could really happen and probably will happen in our life times."  

That, ladies and gentlemen, is entertainment!
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2005, 03:22:07 AM »

Where is George Pal when you need him?

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2005, 06:24:55 PM »

I found The Day After Tomorrow to be very bad, but very entertaining.  We enjoyed giving it the MST3000 treatment throughout.

My biggest problem with it was when I went to listen to the commentary on the DVD and it was loaded with foul language.  There was no point in that, and in my opinion, lowered my opinion of the work as a whole.  So, you take a mildly entertaining, alarmist disaster pic, full of cheese, over-drama and bad acting and demean it to toilet trash with adolescent eff words where they really aren't needed.  Great.

I'll never buy it because of that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Matt
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2005, 08:30:54 PM »

My biggest problem with it was when I went to listen to the commentary on the DVD and it was loaded with foul language. There was no point in that, and in my opinion, lowered my opinion of the work as a whole. So, you take a mildly entertaining, alarmist disaster pic, full of cheese, over-drama and bad acting and demean it to toilet trash with adolescent eff words where they really aren't needed. Great.

Ill have to agree! Thats the problem I have with that HBO series "Deadwood" Thats all its about is saying about 4 cusswords! Over and Over!
Eirik
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2005, 08:55:04 PM »

"Ill have to agree! Thats the problem I have with that HBO series "Deadwood" Thats all its about is saying about 4 cusswords! Over and Over!"

No kidding!  If I want to sit around and listen to a bunch of guys in cowboy hats call each other "c**ksucker," I'll go to country-western night at Secrets.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Day After Tomorrow is so bad! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.