Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:51:39 PM
714456 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Instant Movie Library... Oh the Humanity! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Instant Movie Library... Oh the Humanity!  (Read 1014 times)
nobody
« on: March 05, 2005, 12:38:58 AM »

Has anyone seen this? It's called "The Criterion Collection Gift Set 2004."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006A05RM/qid%3D1110000888/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-3188441-1039922

(Sorry in advance about the link. I don't know how to make it active).

It's the ultimate movie set for the person who likes movies. "241 titles on 282 discs and includes a Certificate of Authenticity" (The certificate is to prove to others that you're certifiably insane!) The pricetag: $4,999.00!

I think I might buy two! LOL
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 12:58:20 AM »

The problem with that link is because of all the symbols in it....It won't work as a normally-linked link. (and you can click the HELP link on any page of this board for further info on how to do things like this)

For a LONG link like this, use the code which allows you to text-link a URL, like this:

The Criterion Collection Gift Set 2004

For some reason, you CAN use a long URL with symbols that way....It works.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 11:21:53 AM »

I'm just imagining what it must be like to be able to blow five grand on movies in one go. Jeez, in Canada, it's more like seven. If I had that much just lying around, there are so many other things I could buy with it, and so many things that would take precedence.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 07:56:42 PM »

So the target customer is the person who loves movies enough to buy $5,000 worth of them, but not enough to actually care which movies they are.  Just so long as some snooty person picked them out?  From the titles, it looks like a bunch of crap that they can't sell, so they slap the word "criterion" on it and, well, there ya go.

Scott H.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 12:09:43 AM »

The Criterion Collection is extremely reputable. They pack their DVD's with extra material that are usually aquired through 3rd parties and aren't just packing foam. It's dense and it's relevant. There are dozens of movies in that list that I would pay to have. There are at least three Kurosawa films, a couple of Truffaut, Bresson, Godard, Fellini, Russolini, Bergman, Ozu, Hitchcock, etc.... They even have The Blob on the list. For about $20 per film (241 films), or $17 per disc (282 discs) it's market price, but damnit it's great!

Hey Ash, if you want to contribute to the world, BUY ME THAT COLLECTION.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 08:40:48 AM »

At $20 per movie, it doesn't represent much of a discount, if any, for buying movies in that quantity. What's the point? Pick the movies you want to own, and buy 'em at regular price. Spend less, get only what you want.

Seems to me that if you're willing to buy a premade package of 241 movies, you should be entitled to a substantial bulk discount. This thing would be a ripoff at half the price.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Instant Movie Library... Oh the Humanity! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.