Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:06:53 PM
715038 Posts in 53117 Topics by 7754 Members
Latest Member: PrincessMu
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Movie Is This? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Movie Is This?  (Read 3374 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: March 12, 2005, 08:51:33 PM »

All I can remember is a scene at the end where a mentally challenged kid hides inside a scarecrow and someone rams a pitchfork into him. (I think it was a pitchfork,....either that or they shoot him...I forget)
It then shows a closeup of the kids eyes inside the scarecrow and there are tears running down.
The reason for his death was mistaken identity.
The people thought it was someone else in the scarecrow.

It was either from a movie or from an episode of a show like Amazing Stories or some other variant.

Do any of you remember this one?

Post Edited (03-12-05 20:02)
Eirik
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 09:17:05 PM »

Night of the Scarecrow was about a mentally challenged kid who I think hides in a scarecrow when the locals chase him because they mistakenly think he hurt a little girl.  As I recall, they killed him with a pitchfork while he was hiding in the scarecrow suit.  Then an animated ghost scarecrow comes back and kills off the bad guys (Wilford Brimley or Emmit Walsh come to mind for some reason) and in the final scene the scarecrow takes the little girl's hand and the walk off together.  I am 90% sure it was made for TV...
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 09:31:15 PM »

This reminds me a lot about another movie ending I saw on t.v. This fat guy is getting chased by a tractor through a cornfield, then he stumbles into a scarcrow then backs off and looks down to see it holding a bloody pitchfork. The man dies and then this little girl gives the scarcrow a flower or vice versa and she says "I know another game we can play." Eirik and ASHTHECAT discription should a lot like mine to the point of "duh" but niether have mentioned the vechile chaseing a guy.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Eirik
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 09:36:34 PM »

Yes Dave - you are right!  That's how the scarecrow kills the last guy.  They shot the retarded kid when he was hiding inside the scarecrow.  He kills off a bunch of guys (pulls a Harrison Ford "Witness" grain silo smothering by grain on one guy) and then in the final scene the last guy is running from a huge tractor that he thinks the scarecrow is driving and runs smack into the pitchfork.  ASHTHECAT and I were mixing up where the pitchfork came in the movie.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 09:39:47 PM »

There we go! Okay now we're all clear because from what somebody said it sounded like the ending was something different. It's "Dark Night of the Scarcrow"

DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 10:14:48 PM »

I'm almost positive the scarecrow was not animated at any point. I think that was the same retarded guy from LA Law.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 11:22:36 PM »

It starred Larry Drake (Benny, the retarded guy on L.A. LAW), who is best know to horror fans as the villain, Durant, in DARKMAN.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
PSlugworth
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 05:31:57 AM »

Another possibility is an episode of Tales from the Crypt called "Four Sided Triangle"...

It's about a girl who kills her boyfriend and lives on a farm with an old couple, basically as their slave -- she can't leave or else they'll turn her in for murder.

She starts going to the fields in the middle of the night and insists that the scarecrow is "her man" and that they're going to get married.

One night, the old man dresses up as the scarecrow and waits for the girl to come to the field.  She comes to him and is amazed when he steps down to "get it on" with her, but the old woman's voice hollers from off screen and he jumps back onto the wooden stake.  When the woman finds the girl talking to the scarecrow again, the old woman tosses a pitchfork into it to prove to her that it's not real, not realizing that her husband is inside and accidentally killing him.

I think the girl sees this as her chance to escape, runs over the old woman with a tractor and gets the hell out of dodge.

Post Edited (03-13-05 04:35)

Official Member of the Don Knotts Fan Club.
andrew sylvester dot com
Cheecky-Monkey
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 12:13:37 PM »

I'm going with PSlugworth on this one--I saw an episode of tales from the crypt long ago that seems very similar.
Moortrax
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2005, 12:39:03 PM »

It sounds like stephan king i think, maybe children if the corn.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005, 12:50:24 PM »

I saw that episode and I know that what ASHTHECAT and what your are talking about are two different things and I the old woman is killed by getting stabbed with the picthfork or something else that was sharp.

Neville

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 06:27:31 AM »

I'd say it's "Dark Night of the Scarecrow". I'm positive about it, because I saw it as a kid and scared the s**t out of me. ASHTHECAT just described some of the scenes that ended up tatooed in my mind. My grandparents live in a small village and I remember I didn't want to go near wheat silos after watching that. I was under 10 back then, turning 28 now and still silos give me the creeps.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Yaddo 42
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005, 07:44:56 AM »

I vote that for "Dark Night of the Scarecrow" as well. I remember that scene with the mob and the Scarecrow as well. Plus I remember recognizing Drake when seeing it again after "LA Law" had been on for a while.
odinn7

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005, 08:16:16 AM »

It was Dark Night of the Scarecrow, no question about it. He hides in the scarecrow because the townspeople (who already have it in for him) are looking to get him for hurting a little girl, which he didn't do. They find him hanging on the post and the poor guy keeps saying over and over "Bubba didn't do it..." and they kill him. Then he comes back and exacts revenge on the sons o' b***hes. My favorite killing was when he put a guy in a tree shredder...nice.

I also recall the Tales from the Crypt episode mentioned earlier and though there were minor similarities, way too different from the one that ASH was describing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Movie Is This? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.