Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:18:39 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  One Of My Favorites - Session 9 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: One Of My Favorites - Session 9  (Read 2196 times)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005, 09:43:18 AM »

I still haven't been able to watch it yet. I rented it Friday night from Ballbuster and right before I was going to watch it, my wife's aunt called and needed my help with her car (she was stranded at Walmart...*shudder*).
Saturday I was busy.
Saturday night my furnace gave out so I spent yesterday fixing it.
I'm sure something else will come up tonight, tomorrow, etc...
I'm real interested in watching it and now it's just going to become a mission to do so just to prove that I can.

Skaboi, didn't want you to think I watched it and was going to leave you hanging on what I thought. I'll let you know whenever I do get to see it.
Also, on the other thing, I've got the word out and I'm waiting to see what comes of it and I'll elt you know if I hear anything.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
odinn7

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 09:08:13 AM »

Ok, I finally watched it last night...What the Hell? No shoot-outs, no car chases, no nudity, no CG? What kind of movie is this?
Real good film. I discovered a few minor inconsistencies but they certainly didn't detract from the movie. First hour was slow but I hardly noticed as I was too involved in the story. There was so much character development that by the end, when it all came together, I could imagine myself feeling what was going on...almost like I was there. I watched the movie by myself in the dark and felt somewhat creepy when it was all over. Most movies I watch don't give me much of a reaction. I liked it and I even found myself liking Caruso. He was completely different in this movie than his normal self. I usually find it difficult to sit through something with him in it but in this case, I even forgot it was him. Well done except for the lack of shoot-outs, car chases, nudity, and CG.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2005, 09:34:04 AM »

Odinn,

Really glad you enjoyed the flick.  As you said, it's definently not a normal horror film.  It is certainly a throwback to the "trippier" horror films of the 70s-early 80s (Sentinel, Shining).  As I said before, the film really wouldn't be as good if it didn't have such a strong cast.

And the ending.......I get chills just thinking about it.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2005, 01:25:08 PM »

Here is another on who has seen it and liked it. Though, it is actually a film you have to see at least twice, because so much is going on, you don't catch everything the first time you see it. At least, I didn't.

And David Caruso is so good in it (IMHO.) It makes one wonder why he didn't have a bigger film career.

I would also like to add that this is one of the films listed in "Fangoria's 101 Best Horror Movies You've Never Seen" by Adam Lukeman. Which I have found is one of the better guides to unseen horror movies. It even includes a number of movies that have been favorablely reviewed at this site, such as "Cemetery Man," "Lair of the White Worm," etc.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2005, 05:42:55 PM »

I just saw this movie due to this topic(rented it from Netflix). Can't say much that already been said but it is pretty good. Thanks Skaboi for telling us about this. If it was not for this topic it might have been awhile before I bumped into it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  One Of My Favorites - Session 9 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.