Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:59:44 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Monster that hears good « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Monster that hears good  (Read 2557 times)
Brett
« on: December 02, 2001, 10:36:35 PM »

Can anyone help me with this one???

There are these kids camping in their back yard, and a meteor lands in the woods next to their house.  So, they decide to go see what just landed int he woods.  Something comes out of the meteor and eats the kids, but you don't see the thing that eats them.  Then, that night, the monster goes into the house of the now eaten kids, through the basement window, and the dad goes to get something out of the basement, and he gets eaten, which you don't see either.  All you see is a pull-chain light with visible light bulb getting blood splattered onto it.  Then, the mom goes downstairs because dad is taking an awful long time, and as she is going downstairs, she sees the blood ont he lightbulb.  At this point, she says, "blood?"  I can't remember if she dies at this point, but you get the idea at this point.  Eventually, the monster makes it upstairs and starts chasing people around and eating them.  Then, there's a kid that really digs special effects and monster make up, and he makes a head filled with explosives to try and get the monster to eat the head so he'll blow up.  the head filled with explosives has a very visible cord that plugs into the wall (for electricity, because explosives run on electricity apparently).  Somehow, they make it into the basement again, and the kid is trying to get the monster to eat the head, but the monster won't eat it because he realizes it is made of plastic (via smell).  They then realize that the monster can't see, but follows things via sound.  Somehow, the monster eats the mask/head, but the plug won't reach the outlet.  So, the kid tries to get the monster closer to the outlet by banging on the ground.  Eventually, the monster gets near enough to the outlet and the kid plugs it in, and the monster blows up.  

Anybody???
Lee
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2001, 11:09:15 PM »

That movie sounds whack! I'd tell ya the name but I don't know. Who's in it? Anybody well known(for this group anyway)?
Andrew
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2001, 12:41:56 AM »

That would be "The Deadly Spawn."  The creature was sort of interesting, being nearly all mouth(s).  The film is also notable for being bold enough to kill the female love interest.

Dr. Freex has a review:
http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/deadly_spawn.html

Andrew
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2001, 05:49:43 AM »

Made by the Hildebrandt Brothers, who gained brief notoriety for the original Star Wars poster artwork (also the theatrical poster for The Secret of NIMH). Not to be confused with the Chiodo Brothers.

The version I saw was actually titled Return of the Aliens: Deadly Spawn in a horrible attempt to cash in on Alien. It was heavily covered in Starlog or Fangoria because of the Hildebrandt/Star Wars connection, but the shocking gory FX-shot  I was looking forward to from the magazines (the kids' mother being eaten by the alien monster's offspring, her bulging eye visible in the middle of a swarm of the little critters) was cut. Foo!

The ending didn't make a LOT of sense, but was still pretty cool...not a bad movie for something that looks like it cost eighty bucks to finish (Cross reference: The Evil Dead).
Hairzilla
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2001, 10:55:17 AM »

>Andrew states: The film is also notable for being bold enough to kill the female love interest...

I just wish that more films would do the same thing!
Ken HPoJ
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2001, 12:15:27 PM »

Via the good (?) folks at Synapse:

"THE DEADLY SPAWN: SPECIAL EDITION
One that seems to have lots of folks incredibly excited is our upcoming release of THE DEADLY SPAWN. Making its North American DVD debut, our release of THE DEALY SPAWN will have new effects and credits for the opening sequence and a few scenes that were not present on the old Continental Home Video Release! Producer Ted Bohus and I have started compiling materials and he's finished the cool new effects shots. (Don't worry, the "original" opening sequence WILL be included in the supplementary section.) Check out the preliminary cover art in our CATALOG section."

Sometime in 2002.
Cullen
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2001, 12:23:55 PM »

"our release of THE DEALY SPAWN will have new effects and credits for the opening sequence and a few scenes that were not present on the old Continental Home Video Release! Producer Ted Bohus and I have started compiling materials and he's finished the cool new effects shots. "

Oh when will the madness end?????  First Colorization, then remastered movies such as the Star Wars trilogy , and now this!!!!!  When will they leave the Classics alone?!??! >Sob<

Anyhoo, sounds like another fine DVD to add to my collection.
Chadzilla
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2001, 06:15:50 PM »

Tweaking convention is always cool (it's one the things that makes TDS entertaining and interesting), but the death of a character is only as effective as the storytellers have been able to make it us feel for the character.  I rarely pray for a well developed character to die unless the story has motivated me to feel that way.  Then again b-movies are packed with a plethora of poorly developed, badly acted characters that are so irritating that I screamed for them all to die...hey, that sounds like the cast of The Incredible Melting Man!  Check out my  review here.  Shameless plug, shameless plug!
Flangepart
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2001, 06:22:32 PM »

I borrowed the phrase "Non Player Characters." Hummmmm....maby,...Non Acting Characters?
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2001, 01:06:48 PM »

Sometimes even the stars are "Non Acting" Characters :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Monster that hears good « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.