Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:01:20 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What about Russia? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What about Russia?  (Read 1712 times)
RussoEnt
« on: March 30, 2005, 06:22:04 AM »

Hi there
what do u think about Russia and russian entertainment web-portals?

tnhx
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 09:42:33 AM »

Don't know a thing about Russian entertainment web-portals, nothing wrong with Russia though!  Love some of the architecture, I must say, though someone really should be shot for allowing Police Academy 7[?] Mission to Moscow.  That's just shameful for everybody...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Eirik
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 09:04:57 PM »

I saw a Russian movie about a guy who survives a nuclear war and must cope with the aftermath.  I think it was made in the 1980s and it was outstanding.  That's the only Russian movie I have ever seen, so I have a good first impression.

Your music videos are another story.  Yikes.
peter johnson
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 12:29:24 AM »

I once went to a Russian website that had realistic waterfall effects in the background & really liked it -- I sometimes visit Pravda & other sites for their Fortean content (See www.forteantimes.com for explanation).
I wish we -- as a country under George Bush Sr. -- had done a helluva lot more to help Russia out of her doldrums following the collapse of the Wall, etc.  We should have done a sort of Marshall Plan at that time, & really don't understand why we didn't.
I met some Red Army individuals in East Germany in the late '70's, & they were quite nice.
I love Sergi Eisenstein.
I'm fond of peppered vodka, which, I understand, was a Russian invention to cut the sometime fatal seisel oil content in bootleg vodka.
Closest I've ever been to Russia is Yugoslavia & Bulgaria in the '70's -- so don't really know the country firsthand.
I do enjoy translations of Turgurnev & Chechov & Pasternak, but can neither read nor understand Cyrillic.
I am fascinated by Russian prehistory -- Stone-age tattooed warriors, etc.  
peter johnson/denny crane
Eirik
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 05:24:10 PM »

In fairness, it was Clinton who really dropped the ball on that one.  The USSR dissolved in 1991, and Russia didn't really start to skid until Clinton was in office.  Instead of helping, his answer was to bring three ex-Warsaw Pact countries into NATO -- which only strengthened the reactionary cleptocracy in Russia.
peter johnson
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 10:57:04 PM »

Oh, no, not really so --
Gorbochev was in power when Bush, Sr., was in power, & Bush, Sr., let it all go to hell --
The Wall Fell -- Bush did nothing at all -- It was maddening --
Clinton had nothing to do with it, really --
peter johnson/denny craneRussoEnt wrote:

> Hi there
> what do u think about Russia and russian entertainment
> web-portals?
>
> tnhx
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What about Russia? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.