Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:20:36 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE EVIL DEAD Limited Edition: I just can't wait! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE EVIL DEAD Limited Edition: I just can't wait!  (Read 2477 times)
Chris K.
« on: December 05, 2001, 07:17:53 PM »

After recieving my Limited Edition for BAD TASTE and not disappointed at all, I hope Anchor Bay's release of THE EVIL DEAD: BOOK OF THE DEAD Limited Edition will be just as good (from what I hear, it is being restored from the ORIGINAL 35mm negative that was considered to be lost).

Questions or comments?
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2001, 08:16:44 PM »

Not excited about it all, sorry.  I am sure there will be plenty for fans of the movie to ooh and ah over (Anchor Bay is wonderful in that department, I adore my L.E.Ts of both The Beyond and Maniac), but, as I get older (I saw the movie first run in theaters at the tender age of 17) I am less and less impressed with and/or interested in revisiting it.  For me the movie has remained an average level exercise in aggressively marketed drive-in schlock horror, granted made by a stylishly gifted director and featuring a talented lead actor.  But time has shown it of having no real lasting value to the genre itself, to me at least.  Deadites can feel to flame and throw insults at me, but how would that change my mind?

Now a tin for Day of the Dead, that is one I would love to see.
Lee
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2001, 09:52:16 PM »

What the f**k?! You go and trash a classic like Evil Dead but you praise s**t like Day Of The Dead?! You need to get your head examined buddy!
Abby
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2001, 12:35:01 AM »

Burn the witch!! Break his fingers lest he ever type again!! Heathen!!!

Bah humbug.

Historical importance aside, both movies are played out in my book -- Day Of slightly less so. I just can't believe how many versions of Evil Dead DVD's are already out there.

But is this new version going to finally include the original Evil Dead short with the female lead? (which just about everyone has already seen anyhow?)
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2001, 12:53:34 AM »

Simply because I prefer one movie over another?  They're only movies after all.
My thoughts on Day are as follows in my review at scifilm.org, if you are interested, which you may not be...http://www.scifilm.org/reviews/daydead.html.  And I did not trash The Evil Dead, just called it average...which is just what Andrew does in his review.
Chadzilla
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2001, 01:20:24 AM »

Amen to that...more and more movies are getting pulled, remastered, reissued, pulled, remastered with new/restored footage, reissued again and again and again...the Star Wars editions (now being retooled YET AGAIN I hear), the first Halloween, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Star Trek TMP, Evil Dead, Army of Darkness....the list is growing and growing.  It really makes me want to stop buying movies.  STOP THE MADNESS!
slaX
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2001, 11:38:31 AM »

frankly i'll be happy when I can go to best buy and find r.o.t.l.d and not a tin,limited edition,collector's edition,and a box set of evil dead
Vermin Boy
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2001, 06:24:27 PM »

I hear MGM's putting ROTLD on DVD early next year, as part of their Midnite Movies series.
Skaboi18
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2001, 08:16:12 PM »

Abby, I'm afraid not everyone has seen the original short.  I would kill to see it!
Videodude
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2001, 10:26:41 AM »

I can't wait for it either, but you know those dicks are going to pull a fast one and release some other definitive version. They already released three. The one with the clear cover, the special edition, and then the lunchbox. But I'm a sucker, and I love the Evil Dead movies, and I've only got them on tape for financial reasons. But as soon as the Necronomicon version is released, I'm picking it up.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2001, 10:28:56 PM »

I've read that, yes, "Within the Woods" is included on the disc. that alone is enough to make me want to buy the disc; ever since reading Campbell's autobiography (an excellent read, BTW) I've been itching to see any and all early Raimi/Campbell shorts. Anyone got any for trade?

I just saw the film for the first time today. It was an interesting little movie; it doesn't begin to approach the sublime level of its sequels (most of the territory it covers was done in a cooler manner in ED2), but, as an aspiring low-budget filmmaker, I was taking notes on the techniques and effects. I'll probably get the "Necronomicon" version, as it'll have the features from the Elite disc (including the commentaries, with which Campbell & Raimi never disappoint), plus the aforementioned short and maybe some other stuff.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE EVIL DEAD Limited Edition: I just can't wait! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.