Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:27:17 PM
714499 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I Spit On Your Grave (1978) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Spit On Your Grave (1978)  (Read 898 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: April 05, 2005, 11:33:41 PM »

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE (1978) This is a low budget revenge film that falls in the catagory of I DRINK YOU BLOOD, LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, and maybe even DELIVERANCE. It's a disturbing film about a woman who is raped and then she really gets her revenge. Don't mess with this woman !  I know that I'm probably the last on this board to have seen this one, but I found a copy on Netflix. The film is appropriately a.k.a. DAY OF THE WOMAN.

Post Edited (04-05-05 23:34)

Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 11:44:49 PM »

A good movie, and a very very misunderstood movie.  Everyone who dismisses it as mysogynistic crap really needs to get the new Millenium Edition from Elite and listen to both Joe Bob and Meir Zarchi's commentary tracks.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Menard
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 12:12:34 AM »

Pardon me if I do a complete 180 from the generally accepted opinion on this movie, but I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE is completely overated. It is primarily noted for its infamy at the time of its release, and such continued through its many video releases. I found it to be a very dull film which was poorly made. The simple-minded plot would have worked fine in a movie where the director could find something better to do than continually linger on scenes. It is annoying after the umpteenth that they rape Keaton's character where one finds themselves wishing they would just move along with the movie. This movie is just poor on too many levels.

A movie which comes off better, strangely, is HUNTING SEASON, which was not inspired by I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE, but was inspired by the Mike Connors movie REVENGE FOR A RAPE (1976) which probably inspired I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE as well. HUNTING SEASON has a 3-D version as well, but requires shutter glasses.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 06:43:37 AM »

I'm kind of in between when it comes to ISOYG.  I liked the movie overall, but the rape scenes just went on too long.  They went from being disturbing to being a nusance.

After the rape is over though, the rest of the film is pure gold.  The revenge she takes on the guys is fantastic, especially the bathroom scene.  I also loved how the film had no music throughout.

Overall, it's not one I'd seek out for my collection, but if I found it in a 5 dollar bin then I'd probably pick it up.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Wence
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 09:34:30 AM »

The rape scene is not the only exaggeration in this movie - what about the "hanging of the nerd"?
That was true badmovie-style...
Menard
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 10:03:38 AM »

Wence wrote:

> The rape scene is not the only exaggeration in this movie -
> what about the "hanging of the nerd"?
> That was true badmovie-style...

Are you saying that the nerd wasn't....uhh....'well hung'? (:

Eirik
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 10:38:49 PM »

I'm with Menard.  Over-rated.  

I do think it's strange that so many people got worked up over the supposed mysogeny of the rape scene but nobody ever said a word about the movie's flagrant pro-vigilante message.
Menard
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 11:02:05 PM »

I don't mind the vigilate behavior. I think it is a purely justifiable treatment for rapists. If they do a movie about it, though, it does help if the movie is entertaining. (:

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I Spit On Your Grave (1978) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.