Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:56:32 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kingdom of spiders : where is the big one « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kingdom of spiders : where is the big one  (Read 1370 times)
popman
« on: December 06, 2001, 06:38:09 AM »

I recently watched my copy of "Kingdom of spiders" (with shatner) and I found one or 2 things very strange :

- I had the trailer of this movie on my deathrace2000 VHS tape and in this trailer, there are shots of BIG spiders (as big as a rabbit, then as a car !). But in the movie, I didn't see these very big spiders !!!???? are there different versions of kingdom of spiders ? (standard and big ones edition !!)

- It seems a big part of the movie's transfert has been reversed (driving on the left side of the road, shatner always using his left hand...). Is the the same on every copy ?
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2001, 09:08:20 AM »

--Regarding giant arachnids, there aren't any in Kingdom of the Spiders; you might be thinking of MST3K staple The Giant Spider Invasion. (All together now: "You been hittin' the BOOZE again, Ev!!" And: "Vaaaaaaaaaaance!!")

--I don't know about Kingdom, but many a movie has reversed footage. When Momma kicks Billy Crystal in the face at the climax of Throw Momma From The Train, the shot is normal. The scene cuts to a shot of Danny Devito and Anne Ramsey, then back to Crystal as he starts to fall through the doorway. Look at the doorway; all the signs, handles, and other features are suddenly backwards. Maybe Billy forgot which way he was supposed to "spin," or something just looked weird.

Also, in Puppet Master (the first, I am thinking), to make it seem like Paul LeMat and another actor (I forget who) are walking through a long maze of hallways, they shoot the same hallway again and again and again--reversing every other shot of it. Everyone's hairstyle and other features wag back and forth like a dog's tail. It's a complete disaster.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kingdom of spiders : where is the big one « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.