Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:25:48 PM
714385 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MC Chris in the hiz « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MC Chris in the hiz  (Read 1442 times)
Scott H
« on: March 28, 2005, 07:02:14 PM »

All you east coast dwellers, MC Chris, star of such quality television shows as Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Sealab 2021 is going on tour in the area. Next stop, Charlotte, NC tonight (March 28) and Winston Salem tomorrow night (March 29, 2005). After that, Atlanta and Athens Georgia followed by a South Carolina tour, then Florida and Texas.

For those of you who don't know who MC Chris is, he was the voice of MC PeePants on Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Hesh on Sealab.

The Atlanta show will be awesome. It's already a great show, but on top of that, Atlanta is the home of Adult Swim headuarters and you can be guaranteed some of the heads of the company will make an appearance.

I'll be in Winston for the show at the Werehouse, and possibly in Atlanta. Nothing better than seeing some semi-gods of cartoonish humor next to a god of nerd rock (as is his specified genre). See you there.

Scott H.
Scott H
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 07:03:19 PM »

btw, this is an off-topic post

eh heh
saintmort
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 09:41:52 PM »

I have to say, the funniest thing about MC Chris is that he really is talented. Like as much as he's a "joke" he's actually a damn good rapper.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 10:37:30 PM »

Yeah, definitely-- "Fett's 'Vette" is simply a great song, no matter how you slice it. He's playing at Northeastern University in Boston sometime in the next couple weeks; even though I'm not a student there, I'm gonna do my damnedest to get in.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Scott H.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 10:29:36 AM »

Saw the show last night. That boy can RAP! He could use a little more stage presence though. This is how his show is set up:

MC Chris, a mic, and a guy with an Apple iBook playing all his songs as MC Chris sinngs over them. There is no mixing, no scratching, nothing original about the performance of the songs, and nothing original about his performance. He gets up on stage. Sings his first song.... stops and comments on his first song, then sings his second song. Then stops... and comments on that song. Somewhere in there he tells a joke, listens to the crowd (all 100 of us there in Winston Salem), and makes a comment about not being used to all the attention he gets at these shows.... considering his entire life he's been made fun of for being a nerd who watches Star Wars and plays video games all day long.

Frankly, he just doesn't give a s**t about his show. And he says that too. Numerous times he flat out says he just doesn't care about it.... but he does care about all the people who care about him. Always talked about getting high after the show, that this is only the second show of the tour and that he's doing it to make his producers happy.

I swear to you, three people including MC Chris could have put on his show technically speaking.... and it only took two of them to do it. It was still fun.

He sang all his "hits." Robotussin, DQ Blizzard, GEEK, even Fette's Vette at the end before he took requests. They all came out well. MC Chris is such an amazing rapper, his timing is impeccable and his tongue is fast. Only one real screw up half way through his second song broke up the show. He had to stop and reset from the middle. Then he nailed the rest.

Overall a decent show. Valiant Thor, the opening band, played some heavy rocking music, and put on an exciting show for the crowd. It was fun. Go to see him for the sake of seeing a fun show.

-Scott H.
Def
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 12:31:16 PM »

Yeah, tell me about it... I'm definitely going to crash that show. I've been trying to find someone from the school to invite me, just in case, though.

It can't be that hard to get in, right? it sucks that this is the only New England thing he's doing.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 12:42:47 AM »

I did wind up seeing the Boston gig Friday night-- Wow! I actually found it hard to believe that he was new to performing; while the show is every bit as low-budget as Scott described, I thought he had a terrific presence. Maybe it's just a result of the show's he's done in the meantime. His between song routines were hilarious (especially the intro to "Robot Dog," which described his robot dog literally stealing his girlfriends, as well as a tangent about how he taught Japan "all their ninja s**t"). He also came off as a really nice guy. At one point, he asked how many people downloaded his stuff without paying; a few people sheepishly raised their hands. "It's alright! I don't care! Thank you for giving enough of a s**t about me to seek my stuff out! I genuinely appreciate it." Later, he encouraged everyone to meet him at his merch table, even if they didn't have any money, just to shake their hands. Total class act. And, most importantly, he's just as good a rapper in person as on record.

Incidentally, it was at the same venue where my band closed for Bruce Campbell a week before. The gig went awesomely, for those of you who were wondering, despite the fact that we didn't get a chance to really meet Bruce (we were all in a hurry to set stuff up). Still, playing with Bruce Campbell was every bit as awesome as it sounds, and a friend of ours made up this awesome poster for the gig!

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MC Chris in the hiz « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.