Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:15:31 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Night of the Lepus « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Night of the Lepus  (Read 2453 times)
Me the C
« on: December 07, 2001, 04:19:18 PM »

Hi folks,
I managed to catch the last half hour of this movie last night on TBS I think. I thought that I could not possibly be the *only* person to suffer this movie so I thought I'd share it with you.

DeForrest Kelly is one of the actors in this movie about a hoard of giant flesh eating rabbits.  (And here I thought that he was only good in Star Trek) The rabbits are giant as in about as big as a small horse.  I didn't get to find out where they came from (Last half hour remember) but I did pick up some interesting things from this movie...

a)  Giant killer bunnies don't like bright lights.

b)  When a police officer declares that there are giant killer bunnies moving towards you, you listen to him no matter how absurd the idea of giant killer bunnies might seem.

c) When all the rabbits' buddies  are getting cooked by electrified railroad track they simply *must* investigate

If anyone has actually seen the whole thing maybe you could share some other stuff from the movie.
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2001, 04:49:52 PM »

Oh, we love this chunk of bunny-poop here at BMO. If you go to the little green links at the top of this message and use "Search" to look up all entries with the word "Lepus," you will find much weeping and gnashing of teeth.

"Wabbits! Wabbits! Millions of 'em! Baw haw haw haw haw hawwwww!!"
--Elmer
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2001, 04:58:12 PM »

http://us.imdb.com/TUrls?COM+0069005

The "External Reviews" have a couple of good articles. The first of the three is foreign-language only, though.

...and if you enter "night lepus" into google.com, you will find a s**tload of sites--reviews, fan sites, and even proposals--I'm going to be sick!--for sequels. Blaaaargh! Huk! Huk! Huk! Whaaaaaaarrrrrf!
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2001, 02:52:36 PM »

Bunnies....so sweet....so innocent....so good with bbq sauce(Well, to my mom's side of the family)......yeah, this is a hunka,hunka,burnin cheese. And leave us not forget, a genuine example of All American Female "Kennyisim".
Chris
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2001, 11:07:46 PM »

i remember seeing this masterPIECE on this old usa network show when i was about 6 or so. this show played all kinds of b and genre films, squirm, day of the dead, great stuff. i remeber the scene of the rabbits trampling over model towns the most vividly. oh and there's also scenes of this in Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers.
Phantom 187
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2001, 11:17:14 PM »

Funny you should say that Flangepart, when I was watching Night OT Lepus I kept thinking how much good rabbit meat these large basterds could produce.

In NightOTLepus the mutated rabbits are described to have become the size of a wolf but proportional to the house and fence they seem to get much larger as the movie progresses. Also in certain fight scenes they seemed to be a man in a rabbit suite(very funny stuff). Did anyone notice the scene in which one of the rabbits pass through a fence post? This is obviously an optical issue which adds a "What the !@#$ ?"aspect to the movies allreay overall funny god awfulness.

Talk to you all later,
Phantom 187
Mofo Rising
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2001, 12:55:34 AM »

Well, it's also playing in the background in the Oracle's apartment in THE MATRIX.  Where is it in Natural Born Killers?
Chris
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2001, 10:01:00 PM »

i can'T pin point it exactly (NBK probably had a million edits in it) it's just somewhere in all the trippy footage Stone had edited in bewteen micky and malaries dialogue, with a bunch of other old b-movies. all i remember was it was a scene of the rabbits running.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2001, 12:55:34 AM »

I think I remember it now.  I seem to recall rabbits being interspliced with scenes from Mickey's childhood.  I think it's mainly in the scene in the Indian's home, where Mickey is recalling his horrible childhood.

I don't really feel like sitting through the movie again just to check the scenes though.
Chris
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2001, 09:39:18 PM »

sounds right, NBK definitely was an intense ride, even though i liked it a lot i can only watch it once in a while.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Night of the Lepus « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.