Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:28:27 PM
714407 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Online Dating Services=SCAMS! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: OT: Online Dating Services=SCAMS!  (Read 6820 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 24, 2005, 03:18:52 PM »

it it me, or all of these a scam!? gee you look at profiles of women who are single and hurt yadda yadda, then scroll down to what they expect from men: "i want a man who's good looking, athletic, christian, makes a lot of money..." and they wonder while they're single...HMMMMM.

the rest of the profiles are a bunch of tricks (i know this from first hand experience), or they're single mothers, now nothing against the former but that is just something i'm not ready for at this point in my life.

i keep hearing all these success stories about people who meet on the internet, but i keep wondering 'where the hell does this happen!' unfortunately my experiences have been nothing but negative and i'm about a hair away from giving up on american women forever. time to go to mexico!!!
Menard
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 03:32:24 PM »

Watch out Mexico!

Chopper is coming! (:

Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 03:49:07 PM »

LoL, i like that, i might have to use that in the future :)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 05:01:47 PM »

I gave up using personal ads.
I did get some response from local women but I divided them into two categories.
The first category are those girls who are super shy and only want to e-mail back & forth...They like to develop a relationship at a snail's pace.  
They have no webcam, no mic and no pics of themselves on their computers for me to see.
If a woman doesn't have a pic...fhaggeddaboudit!  She's automatically ruled out.

The others are the more open types who actually give me their digits and let me call them.
But that's as far as it goes.  A month ago I talked on the phone to two different decent looking women.
I talked to each one for over 2 hours at a stretch.
Then, when I call them back after a few days they don't answer the phone.  
What's up with that!?
I don't want to seem like a stalker so I limit how many times I'll try them back.
I never hear from them again.

So basically I just said f**k it...I'm not gonna play around with the personal ads anymore.
The weird thing is that you can get lucky with them...it's just a matter of beating the odds.
I've stated before on here that I scored with a chick I met on Yahoo Personals but that was a couple years ago...so it is possible.

Oh and I agree with you Chopper about the single mom thing.
I've been there and done that and it isn't for me.
It's especially difficult for me to meet a single woman who's never had kids when you're 31.
How many women do you know who're in their late 20's or early 30's who hasn't pumped out at least one kid?
My pickin's are slim.

Post Edited (04-24-05 17:41)
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 05:32:24 PM »

My advice? I know you didn't ask for it, but here it is.  Forget trying to 'meet someone' and do the things you enjoy.  Your odds of a chance meeting (or fated one) with similar interests skyrocket when you are not spending your energy looking for a relationship.

At least that's been my experience.  The best relationships I've had are those that just happened.

In either case, good luck.  But I'd think online personals NOT a very good way to meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 05:37:47 PM »

"My pickin's are slim."

same with me bro, i'm heading on 25 and the single life sure sucks around my age, i'm tired of the bars and fake people. in the US it seems most women by my age either got a little one or a bag of demons that anyone in his right mind wouldn't want to deal with. best of luck on your search man.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 05:40:32 PM »

hey ulthar i appreciate the input, if only i could get my head out of my ass and realize that, the downside though: being in a small town where there's less places to frequent really limits your options on that, people often joke that wal mart is the place to meet girls here, the sad thing is there's a little truth in that joke. so it's a little harder to just do what you enjoy here. but i see where you're coming from.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 05:43:16 PM »

Chopper wrote:

people often joke that wal mart is the
> place to meet girls here, the sad thing is there's a little
> truth in that joke.

Hehe!
We have the same joke here.
I have one guy friend who loves to go there and check out all the fine women.
And there are a lot of fine lookin' women who shop at Wal Mart.
I don't think I could ever just walk up to a woman and start talking to her about how cool it is that Wal-Mart "rolled back" prices on a particular item.

Post Edited (04-24-05 17:44)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 06:44:30 PM »

LoL, i've noticed the more thorough breds shop at the ol' targe't here. and yeah, i know where you're coming from. i've never been one to approach women from such an odd stand-point or when you both have never been formally introduced. "hey baby-like to buy underwear-COOL."
Ed
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 09:21:15 PM »

I wanted to add that I'm an online success story.  We met 4  years ago via an online modality.  Two years ago got married, and we're happy as all get out.  

Still and all, I admit that I got lucky there.  I think Ulthar's advice was good.  Do what you like doing in the presence of other people (other people is definitely key here).  Then a) You are ahving fun and b) you will meet the right folks.  
-Ed
Menard
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 10:32:32 PM »

When shopping for girls at Wal-wart, you need to dress for the occassion. (:

dean

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 12:15:24 AM »

That's brilliant Menard!

I especially love the name tag.

"Kneel before Zod!!! [will you go out with me?] "

A family friend of mine met a British guy online and recently moved to England and is now engaged to him.  He's 30-something, she's 19, and we are all a little concerned, but I've actually met the guy, and although he's built like a tank, he seems nice enough [though I guess you never know...]

Also a close friend of mine was talking online and on the phone to a girl who lived interstate for nearly a year.  They had met before she moved, but started "going out" after a while.

They would talk on the phone for ages, then he finally went to visit her after months.  His visit was for two weeks, they broke up after one.

Internet dating is quite a wierd thing, but I guess it has the same pitfalls as any old style dating, though I must say, the internet is a lot less trustworthy, since you can't really determine how a person really is by how and what they type.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Menard
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 01:57:31 AM »

That's actually an image I found with a Google search. It seemed appropriate for the subject. (:

Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 05:41:45 AM »

lol, that is an awesome pic Menard, i was going to ask if that was one of your friends but now i know it's true origins. :)
Susan
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 06:24:20 PM »

Ashthecat wrote:

>>How many women do you know who're in their late 20's or early 30's who hasn't pumped out at least one kid?
<<

Ahem...moi? Mama didn't raise no tramp ;-)

Internet dating I dunno, there are several people at work who married their netpal. The funny thing is I keep thinking the person they meet seems so nice and normal, how did they end up with the freak we all know as our coworker? One girl found out her man likes cybersex, alot (i guess that's how they met), she keeps finding out he's arranging to meet other women as he's so addicted. Of course by the time these people meet their internet pals they very quickly tie the knot so by the time you find out they're crazy it's too late.

I'm actually so over the relationship thing, i was burned and i'm pretty happy now being independent. I'm so over people's judgements. Ever notice the people in the failing disfuctional relationships are always the ones asking WHY you are single? Sometimes i want to reply "so i don't end up like you"

Misery loves company, once you get married it's not over. Then you have the "When are you going to have kids?" from the people who's lives are turned upside down by their children who need to be on Nanny 911.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Online Dating Services=SCAMS! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.