Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:05:33 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Online Dating Services=SCAMS! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: OT: Online Dating Services=SCAMS!  (Read 6821 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 06:33:29 PM »

i see where you're coming from Susan, i've been burned too but i can't help but still want the presence of a woman, which is why i have a date tomorrow.
Susan
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 06:48:26 PM »

Chopper - if you just want the presense of a woman check this out

A Real Doll

;-) So lifelike and the never nag at you to take out the trash or put the seat down!

Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 06:59:47 PM »

Times like these I'm so glad I'm married..and very happily for 15 years

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
odinn7

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 07:01:23 PM »

Never mind what you said there Susan (about it not ending even after you get married)...I got married, got the house, had the kid and now I get "when are you going to have another one?" DAMMIT! One's enough, why can't people just shut up? I love my daughter more than anything but I'm 38 and really don't want another kid at this point. People still feel the need to butt in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 05:51:04 PM »

Well now Chopper.  I work with Laura (from the UK), who met Scott (from the US)whilst doing BUNAC.  They are engaged and intend to get married in the near future.  Then there's Thingy and Whatsit (friends of my wife so I can't remember their names), where Thingy is from the UK and Whatsit, the gal, is from Texas, where they both intend to move to.

It can work across the Atlantic.  Perhaps you ought to consider an English Rose?

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 09:50:01 PM »

I don't care with anyone says Yankee girls can't be beat. Yankee Roses forever!! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t give it, you can't buy it, and you just don't get it!-Aeon Flux

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 07:29:57 AM »

Like Fearless, I have been very happily married for almost 24 years. I actually asked my wife out the first time to make someone else jealous and it backfired on me. I've been thanking God ever since.

I did belong to a dating service when I lived in Fort Worth back in 1980. I met one girl who became a good friend, one real b***h,  one that only wanted sex (trouble is she wanted it with as many guys as she could meet), and one that evidently thought I malleable enough to shaped into what she wanted.

I feel for you guys that are still dating.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AlexB
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2005, 09:53:03 AM »

How do you keep on finding these links?
Diablo44
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 02:07:05 PM »

I'm an online dating service success story as well. I think the key is patience. It's like any other type of dating scenario. I actually like the fact that you're able to get the awkward "getting to know you" phase of it done over e-mail or on the phone and THEN go out on a date. When I was 28 I decided to try the online route. I used Yahoo Personals for about 2 years, had about 16 dates, 4 relationships which lasted four months or more, and finally, FINALLY, I found the woman that I love. We dated for 2 years and now we live together and are getting married at the end of 2005. I think the online thing is all about what you put into it. If you make an effort, describe what you're looking for, and are honest with the people you meet, it'll all work out.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2005, 03:04:08 PM »

well i might end up putting my foot in my mouth on this one. i recently met a woman online and i feel compatible with her in every area (plus she returns my calls-how about that!). but like others have previously said about online dating you have to go through a lot of BS to meet the right person, which is the same for meeting people in person without the net.

i think the internet can be a valuable tool in bringing people together who deserve each other, whether it be friends, family, or lovers.

but as with everything else in life finding someone who's right for you, on the net or in person, takes time, perseverance, and patience.

so there's hope for everyone!

Post Edited (05-01-05 15:07)
blkrider
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2005, 03:40:13 PM »

I met my wife online, though not at a commercial dating site.  I recommend that people just get to know others at sites that they're already involved in, or at sites dedicated to their interests, instead of going to sites that are about dating.  It just seems a little forced to me.
Susan
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2005, 05:36:11 PM »

yeah..watch out for some of those chat rooms. You never know who's on the other end.

Post Edited (05-02-05 17:37)
odinn7

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2005, 06:29:26 PM »

WOOOOOOOO!!!! She's a hottie! And lookee, lookee...she got the same hobbies that I does! Where could I get me a woman like that?!?!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2005, 11:41:36 PM »

wow you have about as positive of a view on relationships as Sylvia Plath, whoo hoo!!
Susan
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2005, 10:44:39 AM »

I'm a cynic with a sense of humor. I leave positive attitudes and spiritual uplifting to oprah ;-)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Online Dating Services=SCAMS! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.