Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:39:15 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jerry Springer + Dolph Lundgren = true « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jerry Springer + Dolph Lundgren = true  (Read 11185 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2005, 04:36:09 PM »

Jesus. The low budget action arena seems in dire straits, if all that you mention is true. Personally, I found Seagal's and Van Damme last efforts far more entertaining than their "A" movies. Of course, I'm pretty weird myself when it comes to action movies.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Theef
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 06:37:03 PM »

Yes,he is a black belt and the law degree is true also.Just got to point out that he's swedish and I've acctually met him briefly in an airport in San Antonio -96. About the earlier comment about someone wishing him to be a spetsnaz or whatever,he did a movie called red scorpion where he's an elite rusian soldier kinda guy and I think (I'm not sure) the bad guys are Americans...now thats original...name one other movie where the Americans are the bad guys....I mean like a war movie...where the hero of the flick...is on the other side.....hmm....I can't think of any...help me out.
Master Blaster
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 07:07:31 PM »

From IMDB :

"A Russian KGB agent is sent to Africa to kill an anti-Communist black revolutionary. However, he has a change of heart when he sees how the Russians and their Cuban allies are killing and repressing the locals, so he switches sides and helps the rebels."

No Americans, just Russians and Cubans. They must have been trying to capitalize on his Rocky IV fame. I remember loving this movie when I was a kid, but I havent seen it in years.
theef
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 06:46:13 PM »

ok..then.......no americans (darn!)...just the typical 80's enemy....communist russians...*sigh*
theef
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 06:20:51 PM »

I read he had done a movie with John Woo,but I've never heard of it before. Anyone knows about this? And if so...is it any good?
Eirik
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 08:37:49 PM »

"Islamists....................50%
Communists.............40%
others
(Triads, Mafia,
Camorra, etc)...........10%"

Nah, you're way off.  Nobody's afraid of communists anymore (at least not in America).  The North Koreans will have to launch a nuke at Japan before the average American starts to care, Castro has been reduced to a Seinfeld skit, and the Chinese haven't been true communists since Mao died.  It'll look like this:

Islamists...............70% (sign of the times)
Neo-Nazis...........25% (the bad guys everyone in Hollywood can agree)
Drug Cartel..........5%   (overdone in the 80s and 90s, but Lundgren may go there)

I think it would be funny if Dolph Lundgren turned out to be a really brilliant director and after this start was accepting an Oscar for something poignant in a few years.
Eirik
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2005, 08:41:02 PM »

"But he's always the good guy."

You're right.  He was bad in Universal Soldier and Rocky IV -- his two best roles to date.
Archivist
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2005, 02:27:24 AM »

God, I love 80's action movies.  Van Damme used to be the master of the asskicking universe.  Dolph made movies like The Punisher and Dark Angel (I Come In Peace for all you Americans).  Oodles of bad ninja movies.  Thank the lord for DVD.  Revenge of the Ninja is now out!!!

~Archivist~
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2005, 04:02:17 AM »

Probably you mean "Blackjack". It is pretty bad for a John Woo film, but it is action packed and lots of fun. Among the best recent Lundgren films.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
theef
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2005, 04:48:09 PM »

Speaking of which...I just saw a scene from a Wu-tung Kung fu movies..the one with a guy fights a Baloon with eyes(?) and it's supposed to be a scary monster of some sort....and then someone makes a really bad voice over for the baloon  monster...it's so terrible....picture yourself a kung fu artist making round house kicks to a big fat baloon on a wire that speaks and sais "ow!"...pure quality movie making.
Foywonder
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 06:30:15 PM »

Reading all the people that hadn't heard about this film before makes me realize how few have actually read my B-WARE article I put together back in January. Sometimes I wonder why I bother. Sigh.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jerry Springer + Dolph Lundgren = true « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.