Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:39:03 AM
714515 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Can any one tell me what UNRATED means?? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can any one tell me what UNRATED means??  (Read 4019 times)
Ender
« on: December 11, 2001, 01:33:28 PM »

What does unrated mean as compared to R.  Which one shows more boobs.  I want to know which to buy.
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2001, 01:43:16 PM »

"Unrated" means that the MPAA has not rated the film.  It may show more boobs.  It may not hashow more boobs.  It may be gory.  It may not be gory.  It depends on the film.  Howard Hawks' "The Thing" is unrated, but it shows no boobs.

Now, if your looking at two versions of the same movie, one rated "R" the other "Unrated", the "Unrated" version has more of the stuff the MPAA did not want in a "R" rated movie.

Hope that helps.
Lee
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2001, 02:08:20 PM »

Cullen, you beat me to the punch. I'm not sure why I'm posting this since you sumed it up totally in that one post. Ender, Cullen is right so ignor my post and read his.
C. Hill
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2001, 06:55:00 PM »

...that your quest for more boobs is admirable.  Best of luck, sir
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2001, 07:23:15 PM »

Well..at least he's honest about what he's looking for...
Phantom 187
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2001, 01:30:51 AM »

There should be more opening scenes like in "Microwave Massacre".
Nathan
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2001, 11:36:35 AM »

Technically, those films produced before the ratings system went into effect are referred to as "not rated," rather than "unrated."  (Piddling little distinction, I know...)

Nathan
Cullen
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2001, 11:41:42 AM »

Learn something new ever day.  

Now that I think about it, I did know that.  The only excuse I can give for my failings is that I watched "Son of Blob" the other day.  Must have done something to my memory.  Yeah, that's the ticket...

Thanks for the correction, Nathan!
Flangepart
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2001, 04:58:01 PM »

Lots of movies are full of boobs....you mean the ones without speaking parts. And speaking of "Speaking Parts", Let Nathan guide you to, uh, well......see for your self.
The Bard
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2001, 09:58:01 PM »

Some movies *cough American Pie 1* just change 1 crummy scene in order to sell more videos on the hope of seeing more nudity from the one good looking girl in the movie *cough Shannon Elizabeth*. Maybe since American Pie did call itself the return of the Teen Sex Comedy I was expecting a bunch of scenes with Nudity for Nudity's sake, and hell I thought it was great in the theatres, but watching the unrated version at home the only major differnce was that instead of standing up with the pie he was laying down on top of it. Theres a major selling point... god dam American Pie. Give me Road Trip's extended DVD Shower scene any day of the week over Shannon Elizabeths 5 seconds in AP.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Can any one tell me what UNRATED means?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.