Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:23:43 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My career in regards to other post « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My career in regards to other post  (Read 887 times)
Ozzymandias
« on: May 12, 2005, 09:59:47 PM »

Somethings regarding some other post and me. A new person to the board ask if I was in radio and how did I get in. Yes, I work at KTXR/KWTO AM-FM in Springfield,MO. I do voice tracking for the weekends overnight and produce sporting events and a program called "Nostalgia Time with Wayne Glenn."

My first work in radio was at KSMU in Springfield. It is the college radio station and student were allowed to come in and play their own music.  At that time college radio, with it's emphasis on alternative music mixed with a variety of recurents, was supposed to hold the future to radio. By the time I got out of school the mentality, at least in this part of the country, was that the college radio vets were not the answer. Most of the managers, who were Baby Boomer guys, promoted hot country, classic rock and talk radio.

Now the industry is kind of seeing the error of its ways in the music department. The new Jack formats you hear about are what we were doing back in college radio that all these expert guys said wouldn't work.

I would suggest going to college to get an education and if they have a radio station it would be a great way to get your feet wet. On the other hand, if you can get any experience outside of school, it will at least let you see if you like radio.

I have a electronic/mass media degree. One of the things I wanted to do with that degree was BE A HORROR MOVIE SHOW HOST (sorry Master Blaster). I worked as an intern on one local program here in Springfield.  I was on screen several times. Twice I was "Jack Nicholson" and once I was a David Lettermanish gargoyle that filled in for the regualr host.  The management pulled the plug on the show after a few weeks. After I graduated I tried to get the other stations to try to do a horror movie show, but none of them will. The excuse you get is, as with anything, "Ozarker's don't like that sort of thing."

Master Blaster, be glad you at least get to have horror movies on your local station. I'd give anything to get to do a show like that.
Master Blaster
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 12:16:55 AM »

Hey, I have no problem with Horror Movie Show Hosts! One of my heros growing up was a local guy called "Edmus Scary." As for Macabre theatre I just wanted more movie and fewer cheesecake shots for the late night self abusers. Point taken however. At least there is a show. Video Paradise around the corner has spoiled me. : )
Ozzymandias
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 10:46:50 PM »

Understood. Sometime I'll tell everyone here about my failed attempt at becoming a movie critic for the local cheap-ass Gannett owned paper. Needless to say the accounting department and the "local community readers focus group" didn't like the idea of how I thought my job should have been done.
Ozzymandias
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 07:02:54 PM »

Pardon me, those "folks" are called the 'citizens advisory board.' After my interview I thought of several other names for them.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My career in regards to other post « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.