Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:12:04 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Naughty Oliver Stone « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Naughty Oliver Stone  (Read 927 times)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 29, 2005, 12:08:46 PM »

Seems he was a bad boy...again.

Oliver Stone

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 12:45:03 PM »

that's my boy!!
Eirik
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 07:50:44 PM »

Phew, You had me scared for a minute.  I thought he was making another movie.
Neville

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 09:06:11 AM »

Drug suspicion? Drug certainity, Id say. Those cops haven't seen any of his movies, they can't have been created by a healty, sober mind, I'm sure.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
peter johnson
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 06:13:53 PM »

Oliver Stone directed "The Hand", with Michael Caine, possibly the best crawling-hand movie ever --
This drug thing has to be part of a conspiracy to silence him and prevent his finally coming out with a sequel to "The Hand", which would, of course, blow every other so-called "horror" film out of the water & destroy Hollywood single-handedly.
It was Bush . . . It was the CIA . . . It was the reptoid-aliens in league with The Illuminati . . .  Oliver knows who's behind it all, so when he finally speaks to the topic, pay attention and believe what he says.  He knows . . .
peter johnson/denny crane
Yaddo 42
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 09:57:14 AM »

This explains most of his films of the past decade or so. Maybe it was research for a sequel to "Any Given Sunday". Maybe he thinks he's still living in the world of the "Wild Palms" TV miniseries. Maybe the truth about "Alexander" finally hit home. Come back to us Oliver, you were always kind of an intense nutcase, but at least some of your movies were worth a damn once upon a time.

And I still want a refund for "U-Turn"!
Neville

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 10:59:42 AM »

Are you kiding? "U-Turn" rocks! A completely over the top noir with all the right touches of weirdness and nastyness. I would ask for a refund in the cases of "Any given Sunday" or "Heaven and Earth", but I'll be kind and allow him to use the money for the bail or to buy more drugs.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Yaddo 42
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 11:25:37 AM »

"Any Given Sunday" had it's moments, but over all I didn't like it either. I think the overuse of stock footage of lightning during EVERY conflict and that weird iintercutting of the chariot race from "Ben-Hur" during that argument between Jaime Foxx and Al Pacino just soured me on the film. I relaized what he was trying to do, I just thought he overdid it like he does a lot in his films. Plus casting Lawrence Taylor as a brutal aging coked-up out of control football player? Why not just make a documentary about ole LT?

I wanted to like "U-Turn", the ads looked up my alley, the talented big name cast was certainly a draw, and I was expecting a gritty amped up pulp novel style crime movie. But once I saw it, I just found myself getting more and more iritated with the film as it went along. The only part I really liked and am fond of even now is the "Patsy Cline" conversation between Sean Penn and Clare Danes in the diner. The rest of it felt like everyone was trying WAY too hard to eat as much scenery as possible (especially Nick Nolte). Seeing that film, the only thing I wonder was just how much coke Stone used while making it.  

I got that it was supposed to be a kind of nightmarish modern noir, I guess I just like them a little more subtle like "The Last Temptation", "Red Rock West" or "After Dark, My Sweet".
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Naughty Oliver Stone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.