Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:01:56 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Street Fighter « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Street Fighter  (Read 3410 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: June 05, 2005, 09:03:36 PM »

This is one of those films that people email me about, asking, "Where is the review?"  I honestly agonized over whether to give this a single slime or two...

Street Fighter Review

And, after a long hiatus, I have started updating the Random Thoughts again.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 09:51:55 PM »

Man this movie bring back memories. I can't believe I saw this in the theaters when I was a kid. One thing that always stuck out is how they introduced Cammy and T.Hawk. Cammy throws on some warpaint and T. Hawk puts on Bandanna and their we have it. Nice review Andrew.

Post Edited (06-05-05 21:52)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 09:57:15 PM »

You're not alone. I saw "Street Fighter" in theaters, too. I also saw "Mortal Kombat" in theaters. I walked away from both movies thinking very highly of them (I was very young at the time)- but now I think both movies are god awful. On a funny note, however, I remember seeing the commercials for the "Super Mario Bros" movie on TV and thinking, "Damn this movie looks stupid!" I skipped seeing that movie on the big screen. I guess even kids have their limits. :)

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 10:05:42 PM »

nobody, I saw Both Mortal Kombats and Super Marios brothers in thearters. The first Mortal Kombat is considers one of the best video game movies out their and that aint saying much. Even though I did like it. I have a thing for bad video game movies like Resident Evil.

Post Edited (06-05-05 22:06)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Foywonder
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 04:41:47 AM »

I remember seeing this catastrophe in a semi-crowded theater on opening night and it was one of the few times I've seen a mainstream movie with an audience that openly rebelled against the film like they did this. Exiting the theater, all one could hear was person after person declaring, "That sucked!"

I think you should have given it the one slime rating. The only semi-decent thing in the whole film is Raul Julia. Shame this had to he final role.

NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:
GOLDEN BAT - Feast your eyes on the wildest, wackiest, funkiest, Chiba-est Japanese superhero movie you've probably never heard of
B-WARE THE BLOG! - My blog devoted to the schlocktastic!
dean

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 06:05:46 AM »

Despite the silly plot and acting [Kylie Minogue with a crappy Euro-ish accent?  Wow, what a wierd choice] I generally didn't mind this film.  I haven't seen it in a while though.  Everynow and then I see the soundtrack in the bargain bin at a local second hand music store, and I can't help but be tempted to buy it.

What I find funny is how both Streetfighter and Double Dragon seem to have a very similar feel to it.  And both movies are terribly good [I have DD on dvd much to my proud pleasure]

I also really like Mortal Kombat and its equally terrible sequel.  It seems that with the popular early nineties and eighties video games can make for some wacky off the wall storylines [just look at Super Mario Bros.  A movie I really have to see again to fully appreciate.]

Boy am I a sucker for video game movies...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 07:55:48 AM »

I think the movie would have been better if they had given Jean-Claude the proper Col. Guile haircut. His short hair distracted me throughout the entire movie.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 03:28:57 PM »

trek_geezer wrote:

> I think the movie would have been better if they had given
> Jean-Claude the proper Col. Guile haircut. His short hair
> distracted me throughout the entire movie.
>

Now, that would have been surreal.  I cannot even imagine Van Damme with that huge spiky creature atop his head.  Besides, how could they ever get him to wear his beret?  Although, letting him wear the various headgear and having the huge hair just spring out when he took it off would have been funny.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 04:32:18 PM »

I really wanted to like this movie.  I really really wanted to like this movie.

Sorry, even Raul Julia was bad.
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 04:38:03 PM »

I remember the animated version being alot better, at least from what I caught on cable a few years ago. It's still silly of course, but I'm sure much more satisfying to the street fighter game fans.

Just a side note was the game taking from the 70's Street Fighter movie with Sonny Chiba? Does'nt Ryu (If that's how you spell it) and Ken wears similar arm gaurds as Sonny Chiba does?
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 10:49:31 PM »

Raul Julia made this movie for me.  Sure it's terrible.  Sure it's a completely travesty of the arcade game.  But it does have the greatest archvillain line ever: "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday. "

Man, I love that.

(Not enough to ever own the movie, but still...)

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Master Blaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 10:29:48 AM »

That is an awesome line. : )
Flangepart

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 03:09:14 PM »

Never saw this cheese fest, but the rewiew is not only a good warning, but make it prime fodder for an MSTsession.
If Raul was haveing fun with the lame beast he was rideing in on, so much the better...i'm sure Peter Cushing and Chris Lee could sympethyse.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 06:21:16 PM »

I agree, this was an amazingly funny line.  It actually made me laugh out loud.  Maybe that was due to being surrounded by such a lackluster film, but I think the setup and delivery would be funny even in a good comedy.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 10:33:27 AM »

That line almost sounds like something from a Douglas Adams book.

Only seen this one on TV, but I remember saying "This is just wrong. This is so wrong." over and over while watching it. Not even good by Van Damme standards. Plus my cousins and I used to play the game, and I was disappointed how little time Blanca got and what they did with him. Was Dhalsim even in the movie? Those were my two favorite characters from the game since they were the only ones I could win with consistently. My cousins eventually banned me from playing as Dhalsim, since I was the only one who could figure out his best moves.

I always felt sorry for Raul Julia, a great actor whose last role was in a "pay the bills" flick. I just try to think of him as Gomez Addams instead.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Street Fighter « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.