Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:09:21 PM
714490 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Not Another Teen Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not Another Teen Movie  (Read 1590 times)
Mofo Rising
« on: December 15, 2001, 10:50:51 PM »

So, on the spur of the moment last night, we all decided to go catch a movie last night.  It was a choice between NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE or OCEAN'S ELEVEN.  (Actually, we could have watched VANILLA SKY, but nobody wanted to.)  I wanted to see OCEAN'S ELEVEN again, but we all went and watched NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE.

You may not like to hear this, but I laughed my ass off at this movie.

Let me explain.  It doesn't take a lot to make me laugh.  Hell, I look for an excuse to laugh at anytime.  So comedys are right up my alley.  Especially low-brow comedys based on cruelty and pop-culture.  (Note: SCARY MOVIE was still slow death for me.)  So NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE was right up my alley.

Don't get me wrong.  This movie is not good.  You have to go into a theater with a rowdy crowd ready to laugh.  It's the vital ingredient to the movie.  If you're going to wait until video, you may as well skip it altogether.  And this movie is crude.  In fact, their is a direct acknowledgement in the movie.  An English teacher is spouting off about the lowest common demoninator in humor right before he is sprayed with a huge spout of. . .

Well, I'm not going to give it away.  (As if you couldn't see it coming.)  Note: I appreciate humor in all its forms.  I can sling around the highbrow wit with the best of them, but in my mind, if you can't appreciate a good fart joke, well, where does that leave you?  (Like last night, my friend farted so loud on the balcony that the people inside could hear him.  And this was through a glass door.  Man, we laughed for. . . wait, too much information.)

As you well know, seeing as you can't avoid the commercials (or the title), this is a rip-off of all those teen movies.  If you watched a lot of bad eighties movies, you will have fun connecting the dots.  You may also have fun noticing how many of these gags are lost on the audience.  Have people no memory?  The worst offense (at least with my audience), was when a certain eighties star ("I pity da fool!") showed up with no reaction from the crowd.  Criminal negligence.  You must respect the T!

Anyway, I realized I have no point to this post.  If you are willing to laugh this weekend, go see NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE.  If you know you are not going to like that sort of movie, don't.  You won't like it.  But if you prouldy revel in lame dick and fart jokes you'll be right at home.  I liked it.

(By the way, this long, lengthy and boring post was just an excuse for me to complain about the lack of response to my hero, Lawrence Tero.  The people don't know!)
Lee
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2001, 11:55:56 PM »

Hell, I'm convinced, I'll go see it this week.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2001, 04:02:01 AM »

Lee wrote:
>
> Hell, I'm convinced, I'll go see it this week.

Well, on the other hand, my friend who saw it at a different time than the rest of us told me he hated it.  Go figure.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Not Another Teen Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.