Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:49:42 AM
714402 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anime Songs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anime Songs  (Read 1194 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 18, 2005, 09:38:09 AM »

I realized that there are a lot of Anime's for which I really like the theme music

"Iria: Zeiram The Animation"
"Cowoy Bebop"
"Trigun" (closgin theme)
"Ghost In The Shell:Stand Alone Complex"
"Full Metal Alchemist"
"Samurai Champloo"

Wonder if there's any place I can get recordings of them...

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 10:40:54 AM »

Those are some good picks Freep Cowboy Bebop is one of favorites as well as Bubblegum Crisis ,Great Teacher Onziuka and Blue Gender. If your looking for the CDs for of the ones you like their getting more and more common to find. Here are two sites that carry music:

http://www.animecastle.com/

http://www.animecornerstore.com/

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 04:18:33 PM »

I run hot and cold on anime music, for every piece of Yoko Kanno music I love (Cowboy Bebop, GITS:SAC) there are tons of the cutesy J-Pop and ballady sludge that I can't hit the fast forward button fast enough to escape. And while I love the anime influence on an American show like "Teen Titans" I hate the theme song, I don't care how popular those two girls are in Japan.

As for other anime music I like:

Trigun - mostly the closing theme, but the opening had a certain classic rock/hair band guilty pelasure quality to it.

Full Metal Alchemist: mostly the closing theme from the early part of the show, they seemed to have changed it in the episodes around the mid-20s. I've only seen whatever Adult Swim has shown to date.

Samurai Champloo - I always hated that the rap/jazz trend of several years ago didn't develop further or go more mainstream. This kind of taps into that.

Last Exile - nice mix of world music, orchestral film scoring, and traditional pop singing (I guess I'll call it that). Plus that combo of bagpipes and digeridoo at the beginning of the opening song always catches my ear.

FLCL: Very pop or J-Pop but it fits with this twisted series so well, seems like I read they tailored some of the writing and direction around preexisting music from the band, which probalby explains it. Plus that song used in each episode during the fight after yet another "hand robot" has sprung from the kid's head is great.

The Patlabor movies: very subtle, sultry at times, very mature sounding. Film music that takes itself serious and wouldn't sound out of place in a quality live action film. Another reason I cite these films when I tell people that anime is not all "Kids stuff"

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
dean

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 10:58:54 PM »

Ah, a topic dear to my heart.

Since I am obsessed with anime, I have quite a few cds in my collection.

Amongst my collection:
Ghost in the Shell Movie Soundtrack
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Soundtracks 1 and 2
Perfect Blue
Neon Genesis Evangelion Soundtrack 1
Cowboy Bebop Soundtrack 1
and all the Bubblegum Crisis 2040 soundtracks on an mp3 disk from Malaysia [funnily enough they don't have the Y'know main title song]

They are all pretty good [Bubblegum is a bit iffy sometimes], and Yoko Kanno's work is pretty varied in both Bebop and GITSAC.

I also have acess to the shorter, dvd version intros of Noir, Rahxephon, Full Metal Panic, .Hack//Sign, Gundam Seed, Inuyasha, Peacemaker and Mezzo DSA [I have them on a sample Anime dvd and just record them onto my comp.]

I liked the Iria anime, but I can't remember the theme music for that one.

I also have never watched Trigun, Patlabor and some of the others mentioned.

The good thing about owning the soundtracks is that the theme music is extended, so therefore even better than the average minute and a half songs.

I highly reccommend the Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell [all of them; I'm obsessed with anything Ghost in the Shell] and Neon Genesis.  Perfect Blue has this one track on it that is really freaky, but the rest is not as good]

If you were really desperate for a single track I could probably email it to you depending on how much file space an attachment can be [from memory its 10mb for me.] So just let me know.

Otherwise I guess you'd have to order online.  I get my stuff from various anime stores in my city, but their collections for the most part aren't as varied.

Wow, this post took longer than I thought!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anime Songs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.