Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:57:27 PM
714448 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OFF TOPIC: Part three of love the conclusion. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OFF TOPIC: Part three of love the conclusion.  (Read 1477 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 23, 2005, 02:01:42 PM »

I tried to tell her on Sunday. I wore a green polo shirt with two buttons unbotten (three total buttons) Alas she never got the chance to sit with me while she was at work. I was able to catch her ofterwards but where we were waiting for her ride was a large van going "VRRROOOM!" which threw me off so we just stood there and that was akward. When the damn van finally left her ride wasn't too far off so I decided to wait. We said goodbye and I was cursing outloud while I walked home because I was annoyed I didn't get to tell her.

On monday while we were chatting online I asked her if there was something she wanted to do with me this week. I wanted to because I'll be out for pretty much three weeks. If we did go out (like friends) I would tell her then. She then said she had something to tell me.

She conciders me a friend and she is unconfortable whenever I flirt with her (which were pretty much compliments I thought) She turned me down once when I asked her out when we were three months into the school year and she didn't know why I kept trying. I kept trying because she 1)didn't know me that well at that time 2) she had a boyfriend at the time. She said she was sorry that she didn't tell me sooner.

She says we can still be friends as long as I stop the flirting. Fine with me. She's a cool chick and I like her.

It was weird. Though she said she wasn't interested in me it felt like a weight came off my shoulders and I could suddenly talk to her more easyly. We were able to for another half an hour before I had to go to sleep.

The next day I sort of shifted between being p**sed off at her, being sad and down, and being reliefed that she is interested in being my friend and I didn't scare her off.

We may be in the same class in college this summer. Who knows what'll happen. She could chance her mind (I've heard this happens) She could change her mind and I turn her down, we can stay friends, we can forget each other eventually.

I don't know what the hell can happen. I'll just have to see.

I would have posted this yesterday but I thought it wouldn't be respectable after Andrew's "Hard Day" topic"

And Odinn7 you need to learn some patience("No dave...now") I had chores to do outside and I needed to do them before it got 80 today. (Those hedges are going to trim themselves y'know. That would be cool though if they could)

I hope I don't sond too bitter or annoyed at the moment. I'm feel a lot better than the day after she told me. If you got any two cents then please pitch 'em.

Post Edited (06-23-05 15:32)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
h.p. Love
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 04:16:51 PM »

Good for you. You probably feel better because all those "what if's" are over with so no more of that awkwardness.

This is what happened with me and a girl I was friends with. There were a couple instances where the line blurred, but it's pretty solid now and that's ok. Obviously she's in your corner which will only help you finding someone else you like. Girls definitely check you out more if you have another girl around. It shows you have "approval".

- This message has been approved by the Order of Conspicuous Merit -
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 06:27:37 PM »

Yeah, all those "what ifs" must have been what were on my mind and shoulders. Makes sense to me.

LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 07:13:13 PM »

Dave - Having a friend is better than not having a friend, so for the time being enjoy it. If things change later either way, that's the way it is. Good that that weight was lifted off of your shoulders.

dean

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 07:15:06 PM »

Ah well, nuts...

That's all I can say really!

Also I wouldn't hold out for her to change her mind, though it is possible.  I think it's best to move on in your life rather than wait for that slight possibility.  As much as its a pain to say so, twice turned down isn't a good sign!  But like you said, then you can both move on [though you don't have to forget each other by no means]  
Move on, find someone else, or if not, just be cool, be yourself and if is indeed meant to be, she'll come around on her own: you've done your part...

And don't beat yourself up over it all: you'll live and you learn and as you go things will be different for the next time!

So when that time comes good luck to you!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Susan
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 09:35:48 PM »

Consider it a compliment, i've been there. It is weird when the guy won't stop flirting because you feel all this pressure and like you are the bad person for not reciprocating.  But if i really think a guy is cool i'd rather be a good friend with him than just another boyfriend. As a girl - I put alot of value in my friendships with my male friends, moreso over my female friends because men are less catty and with the right guy who clicks with your personality it's always a great relationship.
And yeah - you never know about the future, feelings may change on her end or maybe even on yours. Most women want to be friends with the guys they marry, which goes to show how highly we value friendship

h.p. Love
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 09:50:07 PM »

Most everyone's tastes and values change as they age too. You know, lessons learned through trial and error.

Excuse me, I have to go take my arthritis medicine and find my walking cane now.

- This message has been approved by the Order of Conspicuous Merit -
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 09:53:22 PM »

Hey Dave and least you tried and didn't listen to the "cock block" :)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

odinn7

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 06:56:44 AM »

Sorry to hear that Dave but you did what you could. As others said, just move on and some time down the road, things may change. For now though, at least it's over with and you don't need to keep wondering.

And Dave? I need to learn patience? You had us hanging for over a week...the suspense was just too thick...I couldn't take no more!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 08:50:40 AM »

Not the way we all hoped it would turn out, but its certainly not all bad. When people are open and honest about their intentions, it saves a lot of unnecessary discomfort and stress. The flirting bothered her more than just coming right out and talking about it. Likewise, she could have stopped the flirting at any time, if she'd just said something.

It might take a little time to get your emotions in order, but you're no worse off than you were before, only now there is less to worry about.

I would caution against thinking too much about things changing in the future. That path can lead you right back to where you were. Consider it a done deal and enjoy your friendship. If it changes, it changes, but don't count on it.

Good luck.

Post Edited (06-24-05 14:14)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
daveblackeye15

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 08:28:04 PM »

Thanks all. I won't hold my breath for her to change her mind. But you never know but mostly likely I'll change my mind.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OFF TOPIC: Part three of love the conclusion. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.