Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:24:20 PM
714446 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My idea for a gory horror comedy « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My idea for a gory horror comedy  (Read 2036 times)
Chris K.
« on: December 18, 2001, 06:12:11 PM »

After enjoying such zombie oriented flicks as NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE, DAWN OF THE DEAD, DAY OF THE DEAD, THE BEYOND, ZOMBIE, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, and BRAINDEAD I have a great idea for a zombie film. I originally intended for it to be serious, but I decided to make it a gory comedy with homages to Peter Jackson's BRAINDEAD and George Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD!

One day I was at my local mall (Fox Valley to be exact for those who occupy the area) walking around. I was thinking about the two films BRAINDEAD and DAWN OF THE DEAD and felt that it would be neat if I wrote a script about 5 or 6 dimwits who confront a WHOLE ARMY of zombies in their local mall and that the film would play for intended laughs with no seriousness whatsoever. The homages of BRAINDEAD would include one character using a lawnmower to stop the ghouls (but also adding my idea of the dimwits using other variety garden tools, such as a weed wacker, to defeat the creatures).

I am not trying to ape Jackson's landmark feature, but I feel that this is a good idea. What are your thoughts about this idea?
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2001, 07:41:53 PM »

...reminds me of a concept scene I had for Shocker 2 way back in the days of my youth.  You know how Horace Pinker moved via television.  I thought it would be neat to have a sequence where he appeared in all the televisions in a mall store and then dozens of Horaces leapt from the TV (some in color, others in black and white) and went on a rampage.  It wasn't high art, but it seemed to be a cool idea.
Lee
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2001, 08:46:23 PM »

I say go for it! But make it really demented the way it is supposed to be!
AndyC
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2001, 11:03:05 PM »

Army of Horace Pinkers in colour and bw - cool! Ah, I remember when Horace was hyped as Wes Craven's great new creation, possibly the new Freddy, and I was disappointed when he faded into obscurity after one movie. Introduced at the tail end of the slasher fad, when things were winding down? Too much plot for the amount of gore? I don't know, but I still think of Horace when I see Mitch Pileggi on the X-files. Shocker had a great soundtrack too. I was about 18 or 19 at the time, and liked that stuff.
Nathan
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2001, 11:45:39 AM »

Well, we each have our little insanities.  I've got what I think is perfectly workable concept for The Video Dead 2.

Nathan
(Not to mention Prison of the Dead 2.0...)
C. Hill
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2001, 08:38:15 PM »

I've always thought there ought to be more zombie-musicals out there.  For some reason, a kick-line of zombies singing "Eat Our Flesh" to the tune of Disney's "Be Our Guest" seems very appealing to me.
Lee
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2001, 12:14:34 AM »

Heaven help us!
Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2001, 01:21:31 PM »

Eat-our-flesh,eat our flesh,we're so easy to digest-we so moist and dryly crumbly- we never-leave a mess. Have some spleen, kidney too, choose your very favorie goo, we the hit of every party, its the least that we can do.......Take it, Vermin boy!
C. Hill
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2001, 06:29:47 PM »

YES!!!
TREVOR THE RAT
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2001, 12:03:46 AM »

just don't turn into another tod sheets whatever you do!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My idea for a gory horror comedy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.