Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:09:50 PM
714452 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: My rock and roll encounter « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: My rock and roll encounter  (Read 1525 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« on: August 29, 2005, 03:37:37 PM »

Hey everyone I needed a place to vent alittle so here goes:

I went to the rock club CBGB for a show to keep the place open. Most to the acts they have coming up are punk shows that make it even more sweet. As I was moshing/slam dancing to Anti-Nowhere League I met a girl. Ok I pretty much slamed into her. She was cute so after the leagues set I started talking to her. After the show was done I went outside and she asked me if I wanted to get a bite to eat.
I bought her to a Pizza place. (Hey I didn't have a lot of money to bring her to a "restaurant"). I paid for everything (I am old fashion that way) and found out that
She was a out of towner here in NYC for a interenship. She was also 25 to my 20 and only here for other week.

We talked alittle more I gave her my number she wrote it down. I asked her for hers but she said she didn't know the local number to where she was staying because  only had a temporary and didn't know the number. Right there I kind knew I wouldn't hear from her again. She told me she going to a play the next day (This past Sunday) and was going alone. I didn't say anything. I kick myself now I could said I will go with you or something. I even knew what time she was going and where the play was at I could have just went and surprised her but I didn't want to be a stalker either. We hugged and she took a cab home.

Well its been a couples of day(she does go back home on Sept.4)and I haven't heard from her. I kind of knew I woudn't see her again but I was wondering did I do the right thing? I could have went to the play without her knowing and met her they but that would have been creepy I felt. I did meet he a rock club so I chalk it up to its rock and roll what did I expect

Thanks for listening badmovies forum rock and roll rich is out (or to drunk to go on)

-------------------------------------------------
Most of all I hate dancing then work, exercise, people,stupid people

Post Edited (08-29-05 15:50)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 05:08:29 PM »

hey Rich i think you did the right thing, also in regards to not showing up to the play. these days it's easy to freak a girl out even if your intentions are good. so much of the media and a few bad cases of stalking has everyone in a frenzy. just take it easy and see where it goes.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 09:41:44 PM »

R.A.,
 You did the right thing by playing it straight.  You had fun for a few hours, made a (short term) friend, and everyone has all their limbs and no restraining orders or mace burns.
  At the risk of sounding decrepit, I have found that there are thousands of people who you contact, often for months or years who turn out to be unimportant in the long term.  You never know who will be important, so always play it straight.

So a short encounter at CBGB's (I didn't even know the place was still standing) makes a good story and 20 minutes of mopery.  
For all you know she's talking to her friends in Cleveland saying she went out with this cool/dope/fly/PunkRock guy from NYC, but had to leave town.  

Rock on!
Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 11:02:33 PM »

I have nothing helpful to say --
I'm 49 years old --  
All I can say is that tragedy of this sort disappears with time.  Certainly it's great to be "young and alive", but you also feel things much more intensely at that age.  
Before you know it, you'll be my age, and reading something like you just wrote will produce the shock of memory, but little else --
Work at being a slick old dude who "doesn't care" on the outside, and the women won't leave you alone.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 11:57:08 PM »

I agree with the others.  Keep fond memories of the time you enjoyed with her; even if you never see her again, those moments cannot be 'undone.'

This does beg one certain question from me, though: just WHO was she?  I have an almost exact, word-for-word story (even including the punk rock, but mine took place in Berkeley, California, oh around 1991 or so, and the girl was from Sweden).  I just wonder....

Could be the plot of a good B-Movie.  Supernatural/time traveler chick frequents punk bars, meets REALLY COOL guys, then disappears.  Maybe she is collecting data on how dudes in punk rock places act toward women as research prior to an invasion force.

Okay, so I'm too tired to come up with a GOOOOD plot idea.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 01:25:08 AM »

Well Ulthar she actually surprised about my behavior. I was frigging moshing everywhere acting crazy as hell. When we got outside she was surprised I went to college, wanted to be a cop, said excuse me when I bumped into people,  and bought her food. She was like aren't you suppose to be broke and make me pay and curse alot? I guess I dont't fit the mold of a "punk". Also she did say she was from Ohio and their have been alot of alien encounters their.........

Post Edited (08-30-05 01:51)

dean

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 02:06:00 AM »

>>>Work at being a slick old dude who "doesn't care" on the outside, and the women won't leave you alone.

Bah, we are young and fool-hardy, that's our angle!  Working at being a slick old dude becomes easier to accept with age, or at least until the memory goes bonkers...

And rich, you mentioned that she was surprised that you were all crazy as hell inside, but a nice young chap on the outside of the place you were at, so maybe she was after a crazy young thing to get her groove on, or was she pleasantly surprised by this nice man that took her out for pizza?

Either way, I wouldn't have gone to the play: it's pretty silly of her if that's what she wanted.  

At least you got to the pizza part.  Getting em out the door is probably the biggest hurdle, well. maybe the second biggest hurdle, but I'd be happy with that moment anyway, so don't stress it.

A friend of mine has had a 'drought' for the last few years and recently has been having some success with the female species.  It's like at my work: you'll be quiet for ages, then when one person walks in, another three will follow them.  He was quite bewildered since, according to him at least, he hasn't been doing anything new or different, but he's happy nonetheless.

Here's hoping this 'encounter' is the start of a flood to the ol' Andrini homestead...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
odinn7

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 07:05:59 AM »

ulthar wrote:

>
...meets REALLY COOL guys...
>

Hey! Hey! Careful now...you don't want to get yourself and Rich banned here, do ya? No cool guys allowed...especially "really cool" guys...jeez

Sorry to hear this story Rich. You'll do ok, just give it time. Hell, even sorry-assed me was able to find a woman (married twice, shoot me...I beg you). It happens when you're not expecting it. You seem like a good guy so just take it easy and it will come when it's time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 07:19:18 AM »

Being 50 this reminds me of a few chance encounters I had back in the era of ....dare I say it ......Disco.  Of course back in the 70's you probably would have ended up in bed together and then you wouldn't have heard from her again.

Chalk it up as a fond memory my friend .

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 09:24:11 PM »

Thank for your input guys. I was feeling alittle bummed out but like said  dean might mean more encounters  in the future.........

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: My rock and roll encounter « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.