Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:05:03 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  More Recent Viewings............................ « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More Recent Viewings............................  (Read 882 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: July 02, 2005, 09:50:49 PM »

COMANCHE STATION (1960) - Very good Western directed by Budd Boetticher starring Randolf Scott and Claude Akins. Solid story about a man who is searching for his lost wife among the Comanche. Every time he hears of a captive white woman he attempts to rescue them in hopes of finding his wife, so it's revealed during the film.  As usual our hero Randolf Scott is riding with some bad guys with some nice Western backdrops to enhance the film. Like most of the Boetticher & Scott films they are usually filmed East of the Sierra Nevada Mountain range Lone Pine, California area.

WHITE HEAT (1947) This great ganster film played on TCM tonight directed by Raoul Walsh and starring James Cagney and Virginia Mayo. The film ends with a foiled robbery involving a bank roll office at an oil refinery in L.A.. Neat visuals and choice of a gas truck to get into the money area. Ends with the famous Cagney line "Top of the World" with the refinery blowing up.

WAR OF THE WORLDS (2005) This remake isn't bad, but I kept thinking they were going to grab a coke or a bag of skittles while posing for the pre-movie commercial. Besides that the film captures some of the doom of a massive alien invasion and the failure of humans in general at the ferry crossing. Really liked the army and air strikes on the ridge and the beginning with the storm. Other than that the film is forgetable as it has all been done before in the original. Wait for DVD or cable.

Post Edited (07-02-05 21:56)

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 11:59:24 PM »

I am with you on War or the Worlds Scott. The special effect were great its just a but its typical popcorn flick. Its great to see it once in the theater though.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

peter johnson

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 12:36:06 PM »

"Top of the World, Ma!!  Top of the world!!"
If you ever can catch this at a revival house, it benefits a lot from Big Screen exposure -- Cagney does so much with his face to suggest his burgeoning psychosis.  This is an evil and dangerous man --
Catch also, "Public Enemy", which is where Cagney's character WANTS to become the evil thing that he IS in "White Heat" --
Cagney got parodied and imitated so much, that it diminishes his accomplishments as a distinctly original actor and film Star.  It's worth trying to approach him with new eyes occasionally.
See also "One Two Three!", which reveals his deep talent for screwball comedy.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 12:57:29 PM »

Peter:

ONE, TWO, THREE is absolutely hilarious.  One of Billy Wilder's best comedies.  It cracks me up every time Cagney yells, "Schlemmer!"

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 11:42:12 PM »

White Heat is an all time favorite!! The Public Enemy and One, Two, Three; have already been mentioned, and they are also great movies. My own favorite Cagney movie is Angels With Dirty Faces!! Classic gangster flick with superb ending. Pat O'Brian's closing line; "Let's go and say a prayer for a boy who couldn't run as fast as I could.", is a classic!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 06:15:42 AM »

Wow, Deej makes a post. Those classics usually get him back somehow. Where have you been?

Just let go of Netflix after 6 months and will be catching more TCM and AMC. I don't think I've seen ONE, TWO. THREE.

I've seen WHITE HEAT before, but till this week it had been a long time.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  More Recent Viewings............................ « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.