Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:09:10 AM
714511 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bibleman????? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bibleman?????  (Read 1590 times)
Scotty Xtreme
« on: December 24, 2001, 02:07:40 AM »

OK, let me first say i have nothing against religion and am not knocking Christianity.  I am 20 and a collector of action figures(wrestling, movie characters, ect.).  I recieved my Christmas presents from my stepdad today who bought all of them from a Christian store.  He picked me up one for my collection called Bibleman(Why do most attempts to make kids get into religion so lame?).  He is a superhero who wears full suit and mask.  The suit is black, purple, and yellow.  He wears a purple cape and comes with a Bible and light saber looking thingy.  Anyhow, his video tape series is advertised.  Seen them at the local Wal-Mart and pondered buying one.  Has anyone seen one of these?  Is it worth checking out?  Does Bibleman "kick ass for the Lord"?
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2001, 04:53:21 AM »

...sit around!
Gather dust!
Hide a bottle of booze for us!
Look out!
Here comes Bibleman!!

Forgive them, for they know not what they doo. Substitute "kiss" for "kick," and that's what these hucksters do for the Lord. Bibleman (complete with a Biblegirl, a black civilian sidekick, and a talking supercomputer) is also presented as a live stage show complete with cheap-ass laser displays. South Park is much more likely to convert anyone with at least one live brain cell.

http://www.bibleman.com

Willie Aames? Ring a bell? Look him up at imdb.com. Also, use the "search" link at the top of this page to look up earlier discussion of (ugh) Bibleman.
Squishy
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2001, 04:56:12 AM »

...the earlier "Bibleman" discussion was part of the old message board, I guess; didn't come up in my test search. Never mi-i-ind.
Andrew
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2001, 08:01:28 AM »

Squishy has quite a memory, that was over a year ago!

The old message board is archived here:

http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/

and the thread he mentioned is here:

http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php3?id=5663

Andrew
lester1/2jr.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2001, 08:33:42 PM »

I saw willie ames ("Char-uls!") on one of those ET where are they now things.  He seemed like he was pretty cool before he became Bibleman.  then he became really cool!! No, he was hanging out in the Playboy mansion and stuff.  They showed some of Bibleman, it looked really insane.  Oooooooourrr God is an awesome god!!!!
The Bard
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2001, 01:55:56 AM »

What always shocked me was the fact that they choose a black guy for Bibleman, and that the costume had so much purple in it. Didn't Jerry Flawell say that the Purple Teletubby was spreading satanism through being gay because Purple stood for gays and if I stress my mind anymore trying to remember how falwell actually tried to make sense...

It hurts.

I wonder if Flawell ever said that Bibleman was using the bible to spread the word of gays because he had purple on his cape.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bibleman????? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.