Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:26:36 PM
714480 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Review of Street Zombies (1993) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Review of Street Zombies (1993)  (Read 883 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: July 24, 2005, 11:33:32 PM »

Sometimes a horror film will come along that gets forgotten despite it's excellent character development, special effects and overall creepiness.  These films will sometimes be discovered by accident, and a pure joy ensues for the viewer.  

Street Zombies is not one of those films.

First, I want to say that I'm quite sorry if this review is not 100% understandable.  I've had to down nearly an entire bottle of vodka just to make it through this hour and twenty minute abomination.

The film follows a black cop named Eddie Boone.  He and his partner are hutning down a drug dealer named Debartolo.  During a stakeout, Eddie is injected with a drug called Ozone and his partner is missing.

The city has been overrun with addicts taking Ozone.  They are slowly turning into oozing gooey bastards who are hell bent on destroying the humans.  Eddie has to find out who is behind it all, while going through the transformation / hallucinations himself.

I'm a fan of J.R. Bookwalter's earliest film, The Dead Next Door, so I was quite happy to pick up this DVD from Ebay for about 2.00 w/ shipping.  And, you can tell it's a Bookwalter flick within the first five minutes.  By the time the credits end, someone already has puss running out of them and eventually explodes.

Which leads me to another problem with the film.  The special effects took all of the budget!  It had to!  The film is shot on video and the acting is completely awful, yet the effects are decent - except for some badly done CGI.

This film is awful and probably not worth seeking out.  I'm actually starting to consider cancelling my pre-order for The Dead Next Door on DVD from deepdiscountdvd.com after seeing this.

If you do decide to watch this film, you might wanna get a little sauced up before the film starts.  The film did get a bit better (read: tolerable) once I got a bit of a buzz going.  This film definently needs to help to get it going.

After finishing the film, I decided to inflict more pain on myself by watching the dir. commentary on the disc.  The first thing J.R. Bookwalter says is:

"This film should not be called Street Zombies.  It's called Ozone, not F*****G Street Zombies!  It was filmed as Ozone, written as Ozone and is Ozone!"  From there, he got to be pretenious and seemed like he thought the film was actually a work of art.  At that point, I had to turn it off.

Has anyone seen this flick?  God I hope I'm not the only one.  If anyone does want to see it, email me and I'll send you out a copy.  I really need to share the pain with this one.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 12:47:24 AM »

Sorry. I havn't seen it. You should have checked out "Land of the Dead". Don't you hate those directors that think their work is art?

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 08:53:20 AM »

Well, I guess I can't say much.  If I were able to make a flick on 3,500 then I would probably think it was art as well, no matter how bad it was.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Review of Street Zombies (1993) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.